Job Title: Material Handler
Department: Shipping A99
Shift: 1st Shift, 7am-3:30pm, OT starts at 5am, plus Saturdays when production demand in high
Reports to: Sr. Production Manager
The Material Handler receives, stores, loads, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and product within the plant, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
- Follow required safety and work procedures.
- Utilize forklift to receive, store or distribute material, tools, equipment, and products.
- Utilize forklift to load finished goods onto van/flatbed trailer.
- Utilize Combi-Lift to transport/load long material.
- Prepare orders according to order and pallet requirements.
- Create barcodes for part identification and accurately scan inventory in and out of the plant using RF and handheld scanners.
- Report inventory discrepancies to the Team Leader/Supervisor.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards.
- Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management systems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Employee/temporary employee responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
High school diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous manufacturing or warehouse experience preferred.
- Previous Van/Flatbed loading experience preferred.
- Successful completion of GSI and OSHA forklift training required within one week of start date.
- Basic computer skills.
- Understanding of how to use RF and handheld scanner as well as the ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read, write and use basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to follow precise instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers and across departments.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with or near to moving trucks, trailers and fork trucks and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.