Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
This position is located at the Indianapolis Distribution Center and is responsible for the administrating and reconciling the cycle inventory program, reviewing and monitoring inventory levels for various programs and maintaining record integrity. Also responsible for the safe, effective/efficient utilization of all Materials Management resources including personnel, equipment, facility, automated and/or computerized systems/infrastructures. Responsible for the management of an effective and efficient local Material Control Department.
• Reviews and monitors inventory levels and makes appropriate adjustments.
• Supervises the receiving, warehousing, issuing and distribution of all direct and indirect materials used in the repair and direct support of the maintenance of rolling stock equipment as well as the logistical support of the Maintenance of Way operations for the Amtrak System.
• Implements and facilitates Corporate Policy/Procedures relative to all aspects of the material function, including scheduling, shipping, receiving, distribution, expediting, managing the warehouse and all warrantee programs relative to Amtrak.
• Assists the Manager in training of SAP.
• Ensure compliance of safety rules and procedures and housekeeping practices.
• Demonstrate strong, effective leadership skills by creating positive, local Labor Relations, providing a safe, clean and organized working environment.
• Utilize and maintain all support equipment and physical plant.
• Manage the physical control and security of inventory materials.
• Ensure processes, practices and procedures that improve the business are in place and adhered to.
• Interface with Vendors, Customers, Reg. Agencies, other RR’s, and Department’s Train workforce for future promotions.
• Instill a strong sense of and responsibility for Safety and Diversity.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Operations Management, Business Administration or other relevant degree or equivalent years of relevant work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
•Proven experience utilizing SAP/Ariba, or an equivalent system.
• Proven experience in materials management, warehouse inventory control and planning distribution environment. Demonstrated experience and understanding of cycle counts and methods to maintain and improve location and inventory validity and accuracy.
• Proven working knowledge of Microsoft office.
• Strong working knowledge of Corporate policies and procedures including safety, materials management and DOT (CFR49) requirements.
• Ability to lead agreement employees in accordance with the collective bargaining agreements to ensure compliance with the applicable labor contract.
• Strong organizational skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/projects.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to effectively interact with senior level management, business partners, and internal/external customers.
• Ability to learn new tasks in a fast paced environment with frequently changing priorities.
• Ability to generate results in a team oriented environment without direct formal organizational reporting authority.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Extensive demonstrated experience in materials management, including purchasing, planning, replenishment, forecasting, logistics, distribution, MRP and scheduling.
• Demonstrated experience in the management of continuous improve within a matrix organization.
• Knowledge of and experience in strategic sourcing strategies.
• High level understanding of OSHA requirements.
• Proven experience in forecasting, logistics, scheduling production control in a heavy repair & turn around railroad maintenance facility.
• Experience in the management of continuous improvement within a major program in a matrix organization.
• Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies for program execution.
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Family/Function:Supply Chain & Logistics
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. Marijuana, notwithstanding any statute, ordinance, regulation, or other law that legalizes or decriminalizes the use or possession of marijuana, whether for medical, recreational, or other use. Candidates who engage in the usage of marijuana will not be qualified for hire. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Supply Chain & Logistics || Corporate Jobs