NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
We are seeking a candidate with 2 or more years of marketing experience who will be responsible for a diverse range of assignments, projects and activities to support business goals and objectives, develop integrated advertising and marketing campaigns.
This person will lead the development and execution of assigned advertising and marketing campaigns for retail retention. Candidate should be highly skilled in program and project management of creative marketing assets.
The Marketing Associate will have a client-facing relationship and should be able to manage client relationships and expectations.
- Develop effective program and project plans to meet business objectives and support the execution of these programs and projects working cross-functionally with key stakeholders
- Coordinate efforts within overall marketing plan
- Obtain requirements from internal clients on marketing initiatives, create project briefs, and brief the internal creative agency on the projects
- Organize and lead the activities of cross-functional teams to ensure timeliness of campaign completion
- Work with the creative team to produce creative that is on strategy, on target and in brand by effectively kicking off the project, and constantly communicating with them about the status of the project and other relevant updates
- Lead strategic discussions and provide creative solutions
- Manage risk, resolve issues and take corrective action as necessary on individual projects within campaign
- Identify research opportunities, key metrics, and processes that should or should not be repeated in future campaigns
- Manage timelines within our project management system and ensure the projects stay on track
- Ensure all creative projects follow our internal creative process
- Be solutions-oriented, providing recommendations for ways to solve issues as they arise
- Create presentation and communication materials
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to think strategically to provide solutions
- Ability to multitask and perform in a deadline-sensitive environment
- Knowledge of project management processes, workflow and terminology (waterfall and/or agile is a plus)
- Solid business acumen and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a matrix organization with competing priorities
- Ability to facilitate meetings, set agendas, and follow up on next steps
- Sets high expectations of self and work; self-motivated and resourceful; takes pride in delivering quality output at all stages of project
- More than 2 years experience in marketing, advertising, or account management
- Expected to take initiative and work well in fast-pace environment with multiple departments, projects and deadlines
- Problem solver
- Love of technology (Microsoft Teams, Workfront, content management tools)
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative spirit
- Positive “can-do” attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- Occasionally requires lifting as appropriate to perform duties and responsibilities
- Open office environment (when return to ‘normal’ working conditions commences); current office environment is remote
- Some overtime required as special projects arise
- Must be able to exchange accurate information via email, over the phone, and face-to-face
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant’s experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources