Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role
The Coronary Therapies (CT) division at Boston Scientific is a dynamic and rapidly evolving business that impacts the lives of 1.3 million patients each year, globally. The coronary portfolio includes multiple product platforms across a wide breadth of technologies and generates more than $2B in annual revenue. Boston Scientific is the market leader across the coronary space including Drug-eluting Therapies (DES/DCB), PCI Guidance (IVUS and Physiology), Calcium (atherectomy) and Complex PCI devices. The business is poised for growth over the next 4 years and will be a key growth driver for Boston Scientific.
The Market Development Manager (MDM) will be be responsible for driving market penetration of our Complex PCI technologies through training, education and clinical proctoring of our physicians, the cath lab staff and our selling organization. This role will target geographies identified as a growth potential for Complex PCI and CTO programs. Within the geographies this individual will be responsible for developing CTO and Complex PCI programs in hospitals as well as educate/train the Boston Scientific Sales Force.
If you are competitive with strong clinical and relationship skills, have a desire for innovation and being on the cutting-edge of transforming our business, this role is for you. Your impact starts here.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving market development efforts for coronary chronic total occlusions (CTOs) and Complex PCI in the US
- Developing Centers of Excellence for training, education and proctorship programs geared towards our clinicians and our sale team
- Work closely with KOLs to drive awareness of Boston Scientific tools and resources, and establish BSC as the CTO/Complex PCI partner of choice
- Collaborate with Marketing colleagues and the R&D team to determine future product portfolio strategy
- Working closely with the Medical Education Team to develop relevant and timely content that reflects latest clinical and technical approach to complete revascularization
- Provide marketing oversight and guidance to sales teams
- Visit accounts and industry tradeshows in order to gain market insight and represent the company
- Develop and execute promotional plans to meet franchise strategic objectives, working within budget guidelines/constraints
- Exhibit professional maturity and help to foster an open, challenging, stimulating and positive environment that enables colleagues to be their best
What we’re looking for in you:
- Minimum 3 years of medical device experience
- Strong clinical acumen in the Interventional Cardiology / Coronary Therapy space
- Must have experience establishing and maintaining physician relationships
- Must have clinical program development experience
- Sales experience a plus
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills
- Position requires ~75% travel
Requisition ID: 484237
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.