Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role:
Responsible for performing functions associated with all manufacturing operations, including set-up and calibration tasks, as well as performing yield and downtime analysis to troubleshoot processing issues across several different component types. Determines and may assist in developing methods and procedures to control or modify the manufacturing process. Works with engineers in designing and conducting experiments.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Observes and complies with all safety rules and regulations. This includes QSR and ISO Standards.
- Participates in the Material Review Board (MRB) decision process.
- Identifies and implements corrective actions for manufacturing related issues.
- Performs equipment setup and corrective, preventive and calibration maintenance as necessary.
- Installs and validates equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time following the established validation procedure.
- Evaluate operating data to conduct on-line adjustments to products, instruments, or equipment. May develop or revise documents and procedures.
- Certifies manufacturing associates in the production processes.
- Evaluates and orders necessary equipment, tools and fixtures.
What we’re looking for in you:
- 3 years with AA degree or an equivalent combination of education/work experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrates good documentation practices and ability to maintain deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Ability to work in a team environment interacting with engineers and technicians
- Strong problem-solving skills
- 2- 3 years minimum experience working in the Injection Molding industry.
- Associate degree in technical discipline (or equivalent)
- Experience in the medical device, automotive or aerospace field
Requisition ID: 517917
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.