Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About this role:
We currently have an open position at our Arden Hills/St Paul Facility for a Manufacturing Technical Writer II supporting Arden Hills Operations. This role will support key internal customers, operations, and vertical integration projects as well as strategic projects within the Information Documentation Services (IDS) team.
Create and plan the layout and content of documents and templates. Enforce the Boston Scientific Quality System standards. Interpret and advocate industry technical writing standards and adapt them to Boston Scientific’s needs. Initiate, coordinate, and lead cross-functional writing projects to meet business requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Plan, analyze, and create manufacturing documentation using technical writing theories, methods, and tools.
- Enforce the Boston Scientific Quality System standards. Interpret and advocate industry technical writing standards and adapt them to Boston Scientific’s needs.
- Ensure document content quality by consistently managing and organizing information for accuracy and readability.
- Identify, analyze, recommend, and implement solutions to cross-functional projects relating to technical writing and business process efficiencies.
- Establish and manage relationships from document to document, within document content, or to other points of reference for product information.
- Initiate, coordinate, and lead cross-functional writing projects; negotiate project priorities, deliverables, and timelines to meet the needs of compliance and supported functional areas.
- Explore new writing methods and technologies to recommend and implement innovative solutions.
- Provide work direction, mentor, and train less experienced writers and supported groups.
- Initiate and support continuous improvement activities at a personal, departmental, and cross-functional level.
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2 years of technical writing experience, Associates degree with minimum 4 years of technical writing experience, or minimum 6 years of technical writing experience
- Experience writing instructional information for manufacturing of products
- Experience with Microsoft Word templates
- Bachelor’s degree, degree in technical writing or related technical field such as engineering or biology
- Microsoft Visio experience desired.
- Medical device or other regulated industry experience preferred
- Ability to work both in collaboration with others on a project team and independently on tasks.
- Ability and desire to keep track of document and project details.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently on documents and tasks while still maintaining high quality in work.
- Proactive work habits and assertiveness in creating and owning documents.
- Aptitude to understand engineering and other technical information.
- Project management and time management skills.
- Problem solving skills and an ability to respond and adapt to change is desired.
Requisition ID: 508442
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.