Job ID: REN20171601-37951
With projected annual revenues of $4.5 billion, approximately 12,500 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission whether its a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the worlds leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nations largest manufacturer of ammunition.
ATK has an exciting, hands-on Manufacturing Process Engineering Technician opportunity at our Manufacturing Center of Excellence, near Cumberland MD. This is a premier ATK location with extreme corporate visibility. As our ideal candidate, you will provide hands-on manufacturing engineering support in the Medium Caliber munitions business lane.
• Provide technical support to engineering staff in the operation and maintenance of automated assembly equipment.
• Work directly with operations and engineering in running, maintaining, troubleshooting of automated assembly equipment.
• Coordinate improvement efforts with plant maintenance department.
• 2 year Technology Degree or equivalent experience– Mechanical/Electro-Mechanical preferred
• Experience with automated assembly equipment
• Experience with Machining and/or CNC Machining
• Demonstrated hands-on mechanical ability and troubleshooting
• Experience in SPC, and Six-Sigma techniques
• Background in electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, system troubleshooting and repair
• Willing and able to work off-shifts and extended shifts
• Able to obtain and retain a Secret Clearance which requires US Citizenship as a pre-requisite
United in pride and shared goals, Orbital ATK employees come from diverse backgrounds and work together to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable solutions. Work with the best and unleash your potential.
If you are a dynamic, successful, driven professional, Orbital ATK is the company that will further your experience and career growth. We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical, dental, 401k, tuition reimbursement, and much more.
Orbital ATK is applying entrepreneurial thinking and commercial practices to deliver reliable, innovative and affordable products and services to our customers and grow our core areas while harnessing new technologies that will take our products and your ideas into the future. When encouraged to think beyond the ordinary, youll be amazed at what you can do!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D