With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Description and Qualifications:
Team Lead Operator
Team Lead Operator will be a working lead role reporting to the Area Supervisor / Group Lead. This role will work directly with Leadership and Production Planning to determine production needs, required performance levels, and drive modernization efforts. They will work with the appropriate Production Supervisors regarding safety, productivity, and quality performance established to meet the assigned area(s) performance goals. The Prep/Wheel Dressing Team Leader will be assigned specific tasks to ensure the assigned work areas are operating at optimal levels. This position will be responsible for providing the support that will allow team members to grow in technical abilities and focus on value-added activities. This position plays an essential role in modernization, continuous improvement efforts, reduction of inventory, managing systems, and ensuring timely communication.
- Perform duties in a 100% Safe Manner at all times.
- Drives modernization efforts in areas of responsibility.
- Assists in establishing work priorities in conjunction with Production Supervisor / Group Lead / Planning.
- Must be able to use measuring equipment and instruments and stay within specified tolerances.
- Must have the ability to maintain production rates and read complex manufacturing prints.
- Receives direction from Supervisor / Group Lead, assigns, and trains members of the group regarding safe and correct work procedures and required performance standards.
- Monitor wheel usage and consignment levels from vendors and recommend adjustments as needed.
- Monitor collet usage, stock requirements, and tooling conditions.
- Serve as backup support for wheel dressing.
- Ability to use comparator and understand concentricity
- Ability to create and / or change machine programs when required.
- Plans and measures work to be performed by the team and communicate adjustments as needed.
- Assists assigned personnel in resolving on-the-job technical problems.
- Arranges for necessary tools and supplies.
- Inspects, coordinates and records work performed by the team.
- Responsible for maintaining/ensuring workplace organization programs are adhered to (5S, MBS, ISO Compliance, and EHS programs) for the assigned area.
- Assists/provides training for new and newly transferred employees into the work area, as well as ensuring cross-training activities occur to increase operator flexibility.
- Assists in measuring materials and supplies usage and maintaining the levels in accordance with the current production levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Knowledge/Experience Required/Preferred:
– High School Diploma or equivalent required. Additional coursework preferred.
– Previous Leadership/Supervisory Experience preferred.
– Manufacturing/Machine Operation Experience.
– Lean Manufacturing Green Belt Preferred.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.