Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Eastman is accepting a limited number of applications for the Manufacturing Operations role at our Kingsport, TN facility.
- Please do not call to confirm whether or not your application was received. You will be able to see the status of your application at any time from the Job Management link.
- Employment under the Operations’ classification will most likely be in one of two entry-level areas described below (other entry points such as 2nd Operator, Stock Keeper, and Security could be available, but these are much less likely).
- Individuals must successfully perform the duties of the entry-level position to be considered for advancement into one of our certified apprenticeship or structured training programs available in Manufacturing.
Materials Handling Areas:
- Works under the general supervision of a team manager/coach.
- Responsible for packaging and loading finished product onto tank cars and trucks to be shipped to customers.
- Operates forklift.
- Responsible for unloading and unpacking raw materials arriving at the plant.
- Responsible for preparing orders for shipment.
- Responsible for routine housekeeping/safety/environmental inspections.
- Materials Handling Helpers routinely:
- Climb ladders and tank cars/trucks,
- Walk on catwalks,
- Open and close valves,
- Clean and inspect tanks.
High Pressure Cleaning Area:
- Utilizes a high pressure water unit to clean various pieces of equipment such as process lines, heat exchanger tubes, condensers, and drains.
- Responsible for assisting in the set-up of equipment prior to operation and the actual cleaning operation utilizing various hoses, lances, nozzles, and water pressure up to 40,000 psi.
- Ability to assemble, adjust, and dismantle all high pressure cleaning equipment and accessories.
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolds, platforms, and in confined spaces.
- HS Diploma or GED is required.
- Chemical Process Operations (CPO) certificate from NE State is preferred (not required).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have achieved Eastman’s required levels on the WorkKeys assessments
- Reading for Information / Workplace Documents – Level 6
- Locating Information / Graphic Literacy – Level 5
- Applied Mathematics – Level 6
*if you do not have the scores we require, please consider applying to the Baler Operator posting.
- Must follow all safety procedures.
- Must wear company-provided personal protective equipment such as safety shoes, safety glasses with side shields, and hard hats at all times in designated areas. Dust mask, rubber gloves, face shields, and other protective equipment must be worn when required.
- If required, must work a twelve (12) hour rotating shift schedule.
- Overtime work is required from time to time.
- Be familiar with basic computer functions such as creating, sending, and receiving e-mail and data entry.
- Have a strong work ethic, demonstrating both initiative and a professional attitude.
- Must have clear and concise verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to apply mechanical fundamentals to properly operate and maintain the performance of the equipment within area of responsibility.
- Must be able to perform the essential elements of the positions with or without reasonable accommodations.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.