Additional Locations: (n/a)
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role:
This position leads initiatives for the daily support of products, processes, materials, and equipment to meet production area goals. In a fast-paced and dynamic environment, this position will be responsible for several manufacturing processes on the manufacturing line, working cross-functionally with quality and production teams to achieve goals.
About Our Team:
The Arden Hills site has a diverse portfolio of technologies and capabilities that require solving complex problems. This role requires an individual to interact within a team of individuals that support Capital Equipment at a global level.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Daily Production Support
- Monitor performance of processes and tools and corrects process parameters that produce non-conforming products or product quality issues
- Communicate effectively to an audience consisting of peers and management in Engineering, Production and Quality
- Plan, organize, and prioritize own daily work routine to meet production requirements and project schedules, seeking alignment with management.
- Troubleshoot new and existing products/process problems as related to design, material, or processes.
- Apply problem solving and process improvement methodologies to improve moderately complex and diverse manufacturing processes across multiple product lines, ensuring root cause of problem is identified and quickly resolved.
- Train and/or provide work direction to operators/technicians.
- Recognize quality signals and escalate appropriately, using quality system tools.
- Incorporate business policies and procedures into task completion
- Project-Focused Work
- Work under general direction to identify, implement, and manage equipment requirements to support service-level goals.
- Work with vendor/suppliers to design, procure, and fabricate equipment tooling and fixtures.
- Leverage existing/emerging technologies to meet business needs.
- Design and coordinate standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Consistently summarize, analyze, and draw conclusions from test results.
- May lead a project team of small to moderate scope
- Work cooperatively with R&D, Process Development, Quality, Production, Regulatory, and Supply Chain to ensure project success.
- As required, successfully contribute to both new product development teams and product support, typically including the following activities: process capability studies, process development and validation, Six Sigma and Value Improvement Projects
What We’re Looking for In You:
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering; preferably Mechanical, Biomedical, Chemical, or Manufacturing
- Understand engineering principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques
- 2 – 4 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot manufacturing processes
- Highly collaborative, with strong written and verbal communication skills, adjusting for audience requirements
- Prior experience in regulated industry, preferably medical device manufacturing
- Experience with Minitab or other statistical software
- Equipment and process validation experience
Requisition ID: 495802