Job Location: Galway City Centre: Ireland
Role Value Proposition:
The MetLife Global Technology Campus (GTC) in Galway is a diverse team of Engineers, Business Systems Analysts, Quality Assurance Analysts and Application Maintenance Support (AMS) analysts. It was set up to enable the creation of strategic solutions to address core business challenges within MetLife EMEA. Our Campus in Galway is responsible for creating and delivering these solutions working with stakeholders across Europe and the Middle East (EMEA) using Waterfall, DevOps and Agile frameworks and tools.
The role holder will act as a servant leader for multiple development projects and development groups. They will facilitate the adoption, implementation and sustainability of Agile and DevOps processes, principles, and practices in an inclusive way. They will provide team guidance, support, and coaching in close cooperation and collaboration across all roles and functions, to facilitate increasing maturity at a sustainable pace.
Reports to: Director of Software Engineering
Direct Reports: 4-6 Software Development Engineer and Business Systems Analysts as well as offshore resources
Other Key Stakeholders: IT Solution Delivery Organization, Regional Architecture, Quality Assurance, other Development Managers and the Application Maintenance & Support team in Galway
- Responsible for developing vendor statements of work, deliverables and SLAs including monthly financial management and administrative activities.
- Provide technical and architectural guidance on a day-to-day basis to the engineering team. Work closely with Architecture team on Solution Architecture Design
- Work closely and collaboratively with our solution delivery colleagues in the development and implementation of multiple solutions
- Manage resource requirements and allocations, monitor and improve quality, and lead the delivery of 'best practice' development techniques.
- Work in close collaboration with vendor and local development teams and provide technical leadership for projects related to automation of application rollouts
- Advise application owners on the technology possibilities and requirements.
- Motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
- Full people management responsibility for assigned team resources.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Level 8) / diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related field
- 8+ years of related work experience with a focus on AS/400
- 2+ years management or team lead experience
- Experience working with offshore teams
- Working knowledge of Agile development methods/techniques (such as User Stories. Test Driven Development, continuous testing, etc.)
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results – Responsible for continuously leading improved performance, change and ensuring high standards.
Other Key Competencies:
- Vendor Management
- Conflict management
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of MetLife to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination on any basis protected by law.
In order to apply for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 115498