With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
The Sales Enablement Manager will work closely with Infrastructure Commercial leadership and collaborate cross functionally to drive efficiency and effectiveness of the sales and customer service organization by designing and executing a data-driven strategy to measure and improve the effectiveness of sales enablement teams to enhance sales performance. The position can be located anywhere in the United States, working from a home office. This role, he/she will be responsible for developing, refining, and deploying the sales and customer service processes, develop quantifiable sales enablement programs, tools, and systems to deploy ‘best practice’ sales methodologies across the Infrastructure Commercial organization. In addition, this role will determine and advance adoption of time management best practices, drive pipeline management best practices (quality, speed, conversion rated, aligning firm to win biggest opportunities), and drive usage of enablement tools, such as CRM, to optimize time management, improve productivity and decrease cost to serve.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Implement, partnering with leadership, our sales vision, strategy, processes, and tools/systems to enable the team to execute. and processes. Design new and improve existing sales processes and enablement tools/systems including maintaining and aligning global CRM enhancement.
- Define, shape, and implement strategies to optimize how we leverage learning technologies and platforms to deliver measure, and track the field’s consumption and behaviors, which will transform how we capture and share data on those behaviors and turn those insights into prioritized actionable programs, improvements to existing programs, and tools to consistently raise the bar.
- Interpret and understand data and trends to make recommendations to drive an increase in sales.
- Provide training and updates to Key Users from Sales and Customer Service to be communicated through the entire organization.
- Manage our sales tools and technologies; suggest new tools and find ways to improve our existing systems.
- Collect the Voice of Sales and Sales Manager to ensure the team is delivering real benefits. Be the voice of the field, ensuring that their needs are at the forefront of our efforts and help teams iterate and improve on their learning experiences.
- Evaluate sales data to improve productivity and performance as well as anticipate roadblocks and take proactive steps to avoid working directly with IT business partners and analysts to development and improve existing Tableau/CRM and Power BI reports.
- Collaborate with a variety of teams, spanning business development, operations, and geographically dispersed Sales and Sales Ops teams. In working with these teams, the aim will be to quantify the impact of sales enablement programs, thereby influencing improvements to their design and delivery globally, and establish “best practices”, on utilizing data insights to drive preferred behaviors of the field.
- Balance multiple projects and work within a constantly evolving, environment while leveraging data to solve complex business challenges.
- Communicate with multiple international stakeholders and cross functional teams, including sales account management, business development, product management, product marketing, program management, legal, as well as partner communities.
- Design and implement metrics to measure enablement programs and impact, effectiveness, appropriateness, and utility. Measure and report on the effectiveness of sales enablement investments.
- Lead the continuous improvement and engagement of our training resources to ensure knowledge gaps are closed, and the desired business results are realized.
- Monitor Microsoft Dynamics (MSD) Adoption and ensure onboarding of new hires
- Keep Current on all Kennametal (KMT) SAP Processes (new and changes) for OTC (order to cash) to be sure the impact is effective and appropriate for the Infrastructure business.
- Recommend and Drive Improvements to further automate our processes from SAP, MSD (CRM), and other programs.
- Manage and lead the account assignment process for Infrastructure Globally to ensure proper coding is used and support unassigned revenue to correct owners.
- Manage and Lead the Annual Quota Setting Process for Infrastructure to ensure proper assignment.
- Maintain Credit/Return Approval Table along with approving various other items.
- Participate and Lead Infra issues around compliance with Tax/Legal from OTC perspective.
- Train and Lead Infra customer service team on Esker to improve EOE%
Years of Relevant Work Experience Required: 5-8 Years
- 5+ years’ experience with Sales, Sales Operations, Revenue Operations, or Systems Management
- 4+ years of experience in go-to-market sales enablement
- At least 4 years of experience in sales enablement program development and/or sales training, to include curriculum design, content development, facilitation, and assessment
- CRM Experience is required, Dynamics is preferred
- Analytics Experience with Advanced Skills in MS Excel and Tableau Desktop or PowerBI
- Project management skills, certification, or demonstrated success managing competing priorities on-time and on-budget
Preferred Areas of Education, Certifications, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- MBA a plus
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Experience utilizing sales KPIs
- Experience with scoping and defining requirements for sales improvement projects
- Ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams and managing internal stakeholders
- Capacity to lead teams through change management
- Proficient at driving project through implementation
- Advanced Skills in MS Excel and Tableau Desktop or PowerBI
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Deep knowledge of sales methodologies such as solution selling and sales techniques.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of instructional methodologies, learning models, and industry design standards and best practices to develop interactive learning for a variety of delivery methods
- Passionate about coaching others to build effective relationships with prospects and customers
- Natural educator who enjoys finding new ways to solve problems and to help make learning accessible and engaging for sales professionals
- Self-starter who does his/her best work when given strategic objectives and the empowerment to work autonomously and creatively with regular communication
- Dynamic and collaborative player who is adept at building effective cross-functional relationships as well as internal relationships
- Great communicator, self-aware, transparent, collaborative, and open to feedback
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.