The Ministry of Social Development is a people-centred organisation. We’re in communities across the motu, working with partners to help New Zealanders be safe, strong and independent.
We’re making changes to continue to improve our clients’ experience and need highly-skilled people with a passion for helping others to join us.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Remuneration Manager to join our Employee Relations and Remuneration team.
You will be responsible for the operational and people management of our remuneration team. You will lead the design, implementation and delivery of remuneration practices and frameworks that align with MSD values, government expectations and that attracts and retains the talent required to deliver on MSD’s future direction.
An overview of your responsibilities:
• Ensure the successful delivery of our annual performance and remuneration review processes
• Provide expert advice in remuneration and reward at an operational level
• Lead a small team of two remuneration specialists
• Partner strongly with the Principal Advisor Rewards & Recognition and key stakeholders to implement MSD’s remuneration and reward strategy
• Challenge existing remuneration practices and encourage discussions on new ways of operating
• Lead the management of the job evaluation process end to end
What you will bring:
• Experience as a remuneration specialist operating at a management level
• The ability to see the wider picture along with a good understanding of the detail required
• Challenge the status-quo and looks for ways to improve, processes and practices
• Have outstanding relationship skills with the ability to influence at all levels
• Proven experience in deploying remuneration strategies for large private or public sector organisations
• Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritisation and execution skills
What’s in it for you:
• The opportunity to shape this newly formed role
• Work with a fun and supportive team of dedicated HR professionals
• A great opportunity to use both your technical and relationship management skills
• Flexible working opportunities which support your work-life balance