Join the Popular Team!
Founded in 1893, Popular Inc. has been built upon strong institutional values while providing broad financial services within the United States, Puerto Rico, and the Caribbean.
We strive to create an extraordinary legacy with a passion for customer service, tremendous dedication to our employees, and strong partnerships in the communities where we reside. Come explore Popular – Our bottom line is you.
Regulatory Risk Testing & Monitoring
This role will direct the development and execution of an advanced level second-line compliance testing and monitoring program and will serve as a key strategic leader in driving program innovation and enhancements. This includes maintaining and evolving all processes that support the program including: overseeing the preparation of the annual plan development; maintaining the methodology and related technology systems; identification of issues and preparation of reports to senior management, senior management committees, and the Board of Directors; ensuring program quality; and ensuring effective communication across the staff charged with overseeing and executing the testing and monitoring.
This role will maintain all organizational and professional ethical standards, work independently under general supervision, and exercise initiative and independent judgment to drive program enhancements and innovation.
In this position, you will:
- Develop, lead and maintain a high performing team responsible for the testing and monitoring program;
- Drive innovative change throughout the testing program by developing and implementing leading edge, transformative ideas for testing automation, data analysis, and visualization of risks and test results;
- Manage the development and implementation of testing methodology and procedures and the development and/or enhancement of test scripts that correspond to the scope of the engagement, including (but not limited to): identifying documentation and testing standards, defining results criteria/classification and reporting templates, determining review and supervision requirements, setting the calendar change management and approval process, and ensuring a closed loop process for quality assurance for overall process improvement;
- Liaise with testing team leads, who are responsible for second line test execution across the company – taking into consideration their feedback and suggestions on program operations and maintaining a productive working relationship;
- Monitor regulatory activities and industry developments to identify trends and emerging issues that may have an impact on the Bank and the compliance testing program.
- Oversee the tracking and validation of the implementation of remedial actions by the business units to verify that compliance issues or weaknesses in controls as identified during testing are remediated.
- Assess trends from quality assurance activities and provide coaching to test team leads or additional training as needed;
- Interact with internal and external auditors and compliance leaders, as well as business leaders;
- Maintain organizational and professional ethical standards, while monitoring compliance with testing program procedures; and
- Promote and foster an environment that adheres to our Corporate values.
To be considered, you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 7 years of experience in regulatory compliance management or risk management
- At least 5 years of experience in people management
- At least 3 years of experience managing risk management or control programs
- Master’s degree or Law degree
- Previous experience in risk management testing at a large financial institution
- Previous experience in a compliance risk governance role at a large financial institution
- Certified Risk Professional or Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager certification
- At least 10 years of experience in regulatory compliance management, risk management, or a related field
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
To learn more about Popular, visit our website at www.popularbank.com.
Connect with us!
We reaffirm our commitment to offer essential financial services and solutions for our customers at all times, including during emergency situations and/or natural disasters. Popular’s employees are considered essential workers, whose role is critical in the continuity of these important services even under such circumstances. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that Popular may require your services during and immediately after any such events.