Work Schedule/Days: Day / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 77061
Manages overall assigned responsibilities and projects within the service line. Takes responsibility for quality, accreditation, regulatory oversight, and staff and patient education programs. Plans and implements identified strategic and operational goals successfully. Manages selected functions to support ongoing operations of the service line.
- Bachelor of Science in relevant field (e.g., Bachelor of Science in Radiology for radiology service line or Bachelor of Science in nursing for Surgical Services)
- Current GA license or certificate as applicable to service line, or as required by, (e.g., Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the single State of Georgia or Multi-State through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact, American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, or similar related field)
- Five years of experience in healthcare management, administration, or consulting
- Master’s degree in life science, healthcare management, business, or related field
- Experience in clinical area, quality, process improvement, or project management
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Demonstrated leadership skills in facilitating and leading cross-functional teams and working collaboratively with groups or teams
- Multi-project planning and management skills
- Proven aptitude for problem-solving and strategic thinking
- Proven ability to work independently/autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage budgets and other financial skills
- Proficient at a high level in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to confront and creatively manage conflict
- Ability to work collaboratively with employees at all levels of the organization
- Manages performance improvement activities.
- Ensures optimal, continual compliance with accreditation and regulatory agency requirements by routinely analyzing accreditation standards, regulatory rules, and Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta policies.
- Develops and implements activities and policies/procedures designed to meet agency requirements.
- Directs formulation of responses to accreditation and regulatory inspections.
- Develops, coordinates, and participates in ongoing, multifaceted quality assurance program.
- Monitors operational processes to ensure safe, efficient, and quality performance standards for patients, visitors, and employees.
- Supports and participates in continuous assessment and improvement of quality of care and services provided.
- May manage orientation, competency assessment, and mandatory education for assigned staff as appropriate for the service line.
- Develops and manages patient education program for assigned area(s) as appropriate for the service line.
- Directs projects and project teams related to implementation of the service line strategic plan, operational improvement of the department, and accomplishment of service line goals, e.g., evaluating clinical, research and financial data, core processes, and infrastructure related to projects, making recommendations, developing implementation plans, and managing implementation.
- Completes all assigned projects within specified timeframes, meeting all deliverables.
- May support leaders in developing and implementing marketing and public relations plans.
Additional duties within Clinical Practice Group:
- Collaborates with Service Line and Medical Directors to develop and maintain clinical practice guidelines.
- Develops and maintains quality scorecards for service line and necessary programs.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Not Present
Climbing – Not Present
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Not Present
Sitting – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Standing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Quality – Quality