When you join New York Life, you’re joining a company that values development, career growth, collaboration, innovation, and diversity & inclusion. We want employees to feel proud about being part of a company that is committed to doing the right thing. Through various resources and programs, you can grow your career while developing personally and professionally.
New York Life Insurance’s Service Organization strives to provide best in class service by making every experience a positive one. It is the hallmark of what we do and how we keep good going. We are looking for customer focused accountable, efficient and engaged professionals who are dedicated to and guided by a commitment to service excellence.
The Product and Funds Onboarding Manager is responsible for overseeing day to day processing of new annuity applications for Fixed Deferred, Variable Deferred and Guaranteed Income annuity products, new premium payments, requests for funds from external carriers and the related transactions such as policy issues, requirement processing and policy billing.
- Oversees a team of 10-12 employees on daily activity related to the processing of new annuity applications within departmental turnaround and accuracy standards
- Leads development of the staff to continuously improve customer outcomes
- Works with employees on career development to drive engagement, job satisfaction and performance improvements
- Leads the team with a continuous improvement mindset to find and engage in process improvements that will create positive customer and company outcomes
- Works within established departmental procedures to resolve all service-related issues
- Works on audit related issues for internal and external auditors
- Handles escalated service requests such as Agent or Client complaints, Presidential, Executive Officer and Department of Insurance complaints
- Establishes high quality customer relationships with policyholders and agents by evaluating and communicating technical content in a clear manner and resolving service issues via email, fax, telephone or letter response
- Provides subject matter guidance on all service transaction requests and company procedures related to those requests
- Has a working knowledge or mastery of administrative and mainframe systems needed to process service requests
- Works with key stakeholders in related departments including, but not limited to, Technology, Licensing, In-force Annuity Service, Product, Legal and Agency to lead improvements in service and create positive customer experiences
- Works on special assignments as assigned by the Corporate Vice President
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree – Finance or Business discipline preferred; High School Diploma or GED Required
- 5+ years of experience managing in a high-volume call center or service center; Financial Services, Insurance or Banking environment preferred
- Industry recognized courses and designations (e.g. LOMA). Certifications (ie. Call Center Associate Certification) and other related activities highly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with listening skills
- Positive, customer focused attitude with a desire to exceed customer expectations, as well as develop team members
- Strong technical and analytical skills required (Proficient PC skills including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook with the ability to navigate multiple applications)
- Development of departmental objectives for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other managers
Please note: This role requires FINRA licensed and/or FINRA Associated Person pre-hire fingerprinting.
Recognized as one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and volunteerism, supported by our Foundation. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses “Be Good At Life.” To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.J
Job Requisition ID: 84043