NRG is the leading integrated power company in the U.S., built on the strength of our diverse competitive electric generation portfolio and leading retail electricity platform. A Fortune 500 company, NRG creates value through best-in-class operations, reliable and efficient electric generation, and a retail platform serving residential and commercial businesses. Working with electricity customers large and small, we implement sustainable solutions for producing and managing energy, developing smarter energy choices and delivering exceptional service as our retail electricity providers serve almost three million residential and commercial customers throughout the country.
More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG Energy on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
This position is governed by a local union contract.
Manager, Partnership Marketing is responsible for the development and management of the partnership marketing channel. S/he will manage the partnership marketing program by identifying new marketing opportunities, developing marketing strategies, executing programs, and measuring effectiveness against business objectives. This role regularly collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders and works closely with several internal teams including public relations, sales, product, legal/regulatory, IT and operations to ensure alignment.
- Responsible for developing and managing partnership marketing strategy, ensuring collaboration and buy-in from partners.
- Negotiate partnership contract assets and integrate assets into strategic marketing plans.
- Collaborate with public relations team on identifying and leveraging media opportunities and related assets.
- Work closely and collaboratively with partners to develop product/offer positioning, value proposition, messaging, and creative strategy.
- Oversee the creative development process for partnership marketing campaigns. Determine areas to better leverage campaigns across multiple marketing channels and ensure creative and messaging is synergistic in all communications. Provide strategic direction, marketing input and influence the creative outcome.
- Develop and oversee a yearlong strategic partnership marketing calendar and roadmap.
- Brainstorm new ways to optimize partnerships that meet business goals and objectives and deliver value to partners.
- Collaborate with internal teams to align business goals with new and existing partner relationships.
- Continuously track and monitor program effectiveness. Deliver relevant reports and present insights to keep larger organization abreast of marketing activities and inform partners of program success.
- Build relationships and strong rapport with various internal groups and executives.
- Serve as the voice of our partners throughout the organization, and be seen as a trusted, strategic and confident marketer.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ideal candidate will possess drive, initiative, leadership, strategic thinking, problem solving and the ability to cultivate and sustain a high degree of cross-functional collaboration, coordination, and communication.
- Demonstrated B2C strategic marketing success.
- Strong collaboration and relationship-building skills.
- Exceptional conceptual thinking skills, creativity that is supported by a process-oriented analytical skill set.
- Creative and innovative mindset with the capacity to identify and unlock hidden value.
- Self-starter; confident and ability to hit the ground running; minimal direction needed.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and manage challenging projects complete with shifting deadlines and demands.
- Experience tracking and measuring campaign performance and drawing valid conclusions.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, written and visual).
- Ability to present to management and executive teams.
- Ability to multitask and work successfully in a matrix organization with competing priorities.
- Sets high expectations of self and work; self-motivated and resourceful.
- Multilingual is a plus.
- 8+ years of experience in marketing, advertising, account planning, brand management or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or related field required
- Experience building and implementing successful strategic B2B and B2C marketing plans
- Experience with subscription-based industry (electricity, cable, internet, etc.) a plus
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Official description on file with Human Resources