Job ID: DBK20161412-37661
With annual revenues in of nearly $4.5 billion, over 12,000 employees, and operations in about 20 states, Orbital ATK is a company on the move. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough, a satellite launch, or protecting our nation. The company is the world’s leading supplier of solid rocket motors, a leading provider of launch vehicles, satellites and other space systems, and the nation’s largest manufacturer of ammunition.
Orbital ATK is currently seeking an Operations Manager for our aerospace structures facility in Iuka, MS.
In this role, the successful candidate will manage a team of Production Technicians and Work Area Leads, and will be responsible for the combined strategic (long-term) and tactical (short-term) management planning and execution of assigned manufacturing processes and/or value streams.
Responsibilities to include:
Ensure the safety and health of employees, products and equipment, with emphasis on proactively preventing accidents and eliminating risks;
• Provide direction, supervision, training and development for direct reports, to include effectively recognizing and rewarding success and utilizing corrective and developmental coaching when appropriate;
• Ensure all policies and procedures are understood and adhered to;
• Focus on quality of all processes, to ensure all customer requirements are met or exceeded;
• Lead and/or participate in corrective and preventive action efforts to minimize and ultimately eliminate recurrence of problems;
• Plan, execute and revise staffing and facility requirements to ensure customer delivery and internal schedule commitments are met, to include identifying and eliminating constraints;
• Plan, monitor and improve the budgeting and actual cost performance of labor and materials within assigned work areas;
• Work effectively as key member of the site extended leadership team using effective teamwork and collaboration with support resources;
• Utilize lean principles and tools to eliminate waste, with strong emphasis on visual controls, rapid problem escalation, root cause elimination and prevention;
• Be a leader of change with a strong continuous improvement approach
• BS/BA degree with minimum of 8 years manufacturing experience, or High School diploma/GED with 10+ years experience;
• Demonstrated manufacturing leadership ability in complex manufacturing environment(s);
• Strong written and oral communication skills related to highly technical topics, across all levels including customers and leadership;
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization;
• Experience managing safety, quality, schedule, and cost while producing high quality complex components and/or assemblies;
• Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to direct and lead diverse operations teams;
• Functional computer skills to include Microsoft Office products;
• Excellent problem solving and decision making skills, to include use of disciplined problem solving methodologies and tools (5 Why, 8D, PFMEA, Process Capability Analysis, SPC, Poke-yoke, etc)
• Proven leadership and hands-on implementation of continuous improvement, to include lean, six sigma and/or other improvement methodologies (Value Stream Mapping, Visual Controls, Pull Systems, 5S, Standard Work, etc);
• Strong bias towards learning and development, of both self and others;
• Secret clearance preferred, or ability to obtain
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D