Position Title: Manager of Support Services – Food and Environmental Services- St. Lawrence
Compass One Healthcare is a premier healthcare company with 46,000 engaged team members who are focused on delivering quality, value, and exceptional patient experience through specialized services and protocols in more than 1,650 hospital and health system locations in 48 states. Through a combined three-quarters of a century of healthcare experience, Compass One offers seven customer-focused core services: Food and Nutrition, Environmental, Patient Transportation, Laundry & Linen, Healthcare Technology Solutions (Clinical Engineering), Facilities Management, and Ambulatory Services. Compass One is committed to the growth and development of its associates, and its unique Positive ImpressionsTM program features a team of 100-plus Patient Experience Managers dedicated to driving a better experience in each of our hospitals. Also, Compass One’s exclusive partnership with Press Ganey leverages rich analytics to better understand how to improve experiences for patients, family, customers, caregivers, and the community.
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus! If you know someone that is qualified for this role, please use the ‘job search’ in MyOpportunity to refer your referral and email them a link to apply. Your referral will be able to apply by clicking the link in the email then you can check the status under Careers in MyOpportunity by clicking on ‘referral tracking.’ For Employee Referral guidelines, FAQs and the Compass Employee Referral Policy, email MyReferral@compass-usa.com. Click here to view the step-by-step instructions to refer a friend to this position.
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Manager of Support Services – Food and Environmental Services- St. Lawrence, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage the staff and day to day operation to ensure all contractual service levels are met and maintained in all areas including administration, staffing/scheduling, client/customer relations, production and knowledge of healthcare systems for all aspects of the Food, Housekeeping, Laundry and Maintenance services
- Complete all financial reporting including payroll, period summaries and sales reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Human Resource and Labour Relations management including complete administrative and personnel files, collective agreement, hiring, training and discipline
- Maintain appropriate budgetary, cost and inventory controls
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of resident preferences and incorporate these preferences into service delivery; working with the Recreation department, to develop and assist in the implementation of special events; facilitating ongoing communication with all stakeholders in the site including administration, nursing, residents and their families
- Implement, manage and maintain the Quality Assurance program as outlined by the company and the client, including weekly and monthly audits
- Assist with menu management, food cost controls and production including monitoring and evaluating meals and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity of all meals and snacks
- Implement and control a Food Safety Plan as well as HACCP, WHMIS, and all Workplace regulations for a safe work place
Think you have what it takes to be our Manager of Support Services – Food and Environmental Services- St. Lawrence? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Minimum two years previous Management experience or equivalent supervisory role in a long term healthcare setting
- Excellent leadership ability and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Power Point
Apply to Compass One Healthcare today!
Compass One Healthcare is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.