Requisition ID: 238116
Requisition Posting End Date: 10/24/2021
Since 1898, Bechtel has helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world’s infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Responsible for managing procurement and contracts function for the India offices or other designated areas of responsibility within global business units. Implements corporate supply chain processes, procedures, plans and initiatives in support of the requirements of global business units. Functional scope includes oversight of the project procurement and contracts strategies, conducting functional review of the projects, training and on-boarding of new employees.
A. Supervision Received
· Reports to and receives technical and operational guidance from the India Office Manager of Functions.
· Receives technical and functional guidance from Infrastructure business unit Manager of Procurement and Contracts.
B. Supervision Exercised
· Provides technical, operational, and functional guidance to India office Project Procurement and Contracts Managers and other team members.
· Maintains continuing technical contacts with counterparts in India office, other global business units and corporate supply chain management
· Maintains general professional relationships with customers, industry and strategic suppliers
· Maintains continuing contacts with India office and global business unit project, and operations management
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
· Manages procurement operations by supporting global business unit organizations in their responsibilities for profitability and performance excellence
· Manages functional departments of purchasing, expediting, contracts, supplier quality, traffic and logistics, material management, supply chain systems, and procurement initiatives
· Develops procurement strategies, defining opportunities and providing regional, local, and industry knowledge in execution planning
· Maintains regular communication with global business unit functional and project Procurement and Contracts Managers to maintain knowledge of projects’ progress in order to apply required management direction, or corrective action. Meets regularly with global business unit senior discipline and project managers for the same purpose
· Participates with global business unit discipline managers in business development efforts, feasibility studies, and project planning. Provides support in client contract negotiations to give Procurement input, communicate Procurement capabilities and anticipate Procurement requirements and staffing
· Identifies training needs and directs application of training programs to ensure that the assigned Procurement personnel have satisfactory knowledge of their level of work to perform including but not limited to staffing and replacement planning; employee performance evaluation and career discussions; and promotions, rotation, transfers
· Directs in-depth Procurement audit of the activities and functions in assigned offices and projects. Monitors preparation of project Procurement work hour estimates, budgets and schedules to ensure that these are developed realistically and that they meet organization/project objectives
· Periodically reviews project Procurement activities to ensure that operations are within approved work hour estimates, budgets, and schedules, and if not, directs the preparation of a revised budget request and/or a change in activities
· Formulates and recommends development programs and overhead budget requests for consolidation with overall Procurement requirements.
· Subject to required approvals, makes presentations to units of Bechtel, to clients, to supplier organizations, or to trade
· Responsible for managing relationship with strategic Indian suppliers.
· Participates in developing and establishing key organization policies for India offices.
JOB KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE
· Degree in Business Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, or equivalent and a minimum of 20+ years of relevant supply chain management experience
· Thorough knowledge of and demonstrated global experience in procurement and contracts management, both in the field and home office environments
· Thorough knowledge of engineering, construction, planning, scheduling, cost control, and quality control industry practices
· Experience and skill in supervision, including selection, hiring, training, development, performance evaluation, career counseling, and salary administration
· Skilled in oral and written communication
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.