You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine creating a place where tomorrow’s leaders, big thinkers, and dreamers gather. Join us and know that you make it possible for others to learn, grow, and discover. Because of what we do, students and faculty share so much more than a meal. And that’s why this is so much more than a job.
Why work with Chartwells? We are a member of Compass Group Canada, the leading foodservice and support services company. We cater to Generation Z on college campuses and upcoming K-12 generations. We offer dining programs and solutions that fit the unique needs of today’s students. Join our commitment to providing responsible, healthy-eating solutions.
Click here to view our Team Member video!
Now, if you were to come on board as one of our Manager of Support Services, we’d ask you to do the following for us:
- Manage the staff and day to day operation to ensure all contractual service levels are met and maintained in all areas including administration, staffing/scheduling, client/customer relations, production and knowledge of healthcare systems for all aspects of the Food, Housekeeping, Laundry and Maintenance services
- Complete all financial reporting including payroll, period summaries and sales reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Human Resource and Labour Relations management including complete administrative and personnel files, collective agreement, hiring, training and discipline
- Maintain appropriate budgetary, cost and inventory controls
- Develop and maintain a strong knowledge of resident preferences and incorporate these preferences into service delivery; working with the Recreation department, to develop and assist in the implementation of special events; facilitating ongoing communication with all stakeholders in the site including administration, nursing, residents and their families
- Implement, manage and maintain the Quality Assurance program as outlined by the company and the client, including weekly and monthly audits
- Assist with menu management, food cost controls and production including monitoring and evaluating meals and service to ensure established standards are maintained for both quality and quantity of all meals and snacks
- Implement and control a Food Safety Plan as well as HACCP, WHMIS, and all Workplace regulations for a safe work place
Think you have what it takes to be our Manager of Support Services? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role.
- Eligible to obtain membership in the Canadian Society of Nutrition Management (CSNM)
- Minimum two years previous Management experience or equivalent supervisory role in a long term healthcare setting
- Excellent leadership ability and customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Power Point
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.