Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Provides direction, monitors workload and manages performance target achievement for a team of non-represented employees through daily communication, problem solving, and proactive monitoring of team performance. Responsible for customer follow up, facilitates difficult calls, ensures internal reporting and performance metrics, provides status appropriately using internal systems, and demonstrates expertise with all Service Assurance processes and procedures for creating and managing service-related trouble tickets on product line.
The Main Responsibilities
• Supervises, educates, motivates, and coaches non-represented employees who are responsible for providing optical network management and support. Integrating a diverse and geographically dispersed staff into a single cohesive team
• Demonstrated ability to diagnose performance issues, set goals, establish measurements, and confront deficiencies. Strong focus on the customer.
• Assist with and drive Process improvement, update and development of team documentation for customer.
• Responsible for all center or functional group operations, including activities and performance (results, costs, methods, and staffing)
• Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and objectives/goals. Responsible for all personnel training requirements.
• Management of day-to-day operations for production platforms
• Project Management of internal and external team projects including management of interactions with vendors and suppliers
• Interaction with leadership within the company and with the customer to ensure open communication and relationships
• Ensure that all regulatory requirements and applicable critical Industry certifications are met
• Responsible for defining and driving comprehensive strategy and implementation plans regarding IT and Vendor Systems and their interactions with the NOC Infrastructure support tools and processes.
• Effectively communicates changes to team and continually strives to improve employee engagement.
• Responds to inquires; investigates and resolves problems; and interfaces with key customers and internal stakeholders.
• Work cross-functionally to solve problems.
• Coordinates, evaluates work activities to achieve expected operational objectives and conduct performance management of employees.
• Actively supports, participates, and contributes toward the achievement of targeted customer, team, and individual objectives.
• Celebrates successes utilizing appropriate reward and recognition. Motivates team to continual improvement and achievement of maximum performance.
• Identifies opportunities for synergies and implements.
• Communicates and models the Lumen Unifying Principles.
What We Look For in a Candidate
• Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Engineering or a related field or the equivalent in training and experience.
• 6+ years of related experience with communications networks. Minimum of 3+ years of management experience over large geographically diverse teams and proven leadership abilities.
• Experience with wavelength network solutions and management, troubleshooting and practices.
• Ability to act with a sense of urgency and consistently demonstrate leadership and a high level of engagement with supervisors and team members.
• Awareness of and ability to appropriately communicate and manage escalations relative to core network jeopardy situations, outages, and impacts to customer service. Strong communication skills – oral, written, and presentation skills required
• Strong people management skills. Effectiveness in providing feedback in a timely manner, and must possess strong communication, coaching, development, mentoring, and performance management skills.
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to track and analyze results, including network operations, productivity, and financial performance
• Ability to articulate issues that arise from core network implementation, design, repair, surveillance, and performance management to the appropriate groups to secure resolution. This includes internal organizations, vendors/suppliers, Public Policy / Regulatory and Executive Leadership.
• Strong communication skills – oral, written, and presentation skills required. Ability to communicate courteously and professionally with customers, outside contacts including vendors and other employees, including various levels of staff and management.
• Ability to perform under emergency conditions manages competing tasks simultaneously, possibly with frequent interruptions.
• Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 253311
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.