With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Job Title: Manager Human Resources
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job Summary and Mission:
Strategic HR partner to global functional executives and leaders; responsible for manpower planning for strategic growth, leadership staffing and development, talent retention and engagement, and change management.
Key Job Responsibilities
Key Position Accountabilities
Manage day-to-day responsibilities of a function, or small unit/department
Partner with functional executives and leaders on people, organization and business strategy (talent management, development & acquisition, employee engagement and organizational capability.
Develop tactical plans to achieve business results and provide feedback and input on strategy
Monitor emerging business plans and risks to determine talent implications, provide feedback to key stakeholders and play a strong role in subsequent decision making and organizational alignment.
Monitor processes and provide reports on progress and achievement of business objectives
Develop metrics and scorecard that defines organizational performance and growth.
Optimize resources allocation and utilization
Lead and support change management initiatives across global enterprise.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge of specialized field or expertise.
- Oversees execution of key cross-functional projects in support of strategy.
- Overall understanding of business objectives and influences of department on achievement of those objectives.
- Typically, accountable for the performance of: – Products and/or discipline within a small business unit or staff function.
- Accountability for Revenue/Product/COGS range from $50M-$300M.
- Limited cost exposure impact on functional performance
- Develops the tactical plan for the area of accountability as a reference point to execute strategy.
- Provides input into attainment of strategy for area of accountability.
- Identifies emerging issues relevant to area of accountability and adjusts execution plan to address issues.
- Determines how resources are allocated within area of accountability.
- Provides input into organizational design for area of accountability, primarily with a focus on short-term.
- Typically, accountable for development and adherence to a departmental budget.
- May build and maintain relationships with constituents outside Company to support business needs.
- Interacts with other departments to coordinate activities.
- Makes decisions using detailed analysis, integration and constructive thinking.
- Decisions are guided by set policies and procedures, business plan, resource availability and functional objectives.
- Has responsibility for making decisions and managing risks that would have little or no impact on the assets of the company.
- Provides input on decision making within area of accountability.
Typical Education or Equivalent Work Experience:
- 4-year secondary degree, plus advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years in discipline.
- 3 – 5 years management.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.