Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
This management position reports to the Director of Fleet and is responsible for providing support to the Fleet organization in the areas of long-term & short-term service delivery, asset reliability, safety and financial goals. Lumen’s fleet consists of over 10,000 fleet vehicles and over 4,000 fleet tools located throughout the Lumen North American territory. This position is responsible for management of our Administrative team that completes licensing, registration, title transfers, and vehicle and status assignments. This position is responsible for project and process management including establishing and documenting best practices, work instructions and Fleet communication materials. This position is also responsible for management tasks including asset disposal, fleet supervisor operational audits, annual asset inventory, entity transfers and DOT registration compliance. The Manager-Fleet Operations position is responsible for scheduled Fleet fuel card reissue, and special projects as assigned including Fleet organization level audits, asset disposal trials and project support to external organizations for initiatives such as Internet of Things and Home and Remote garaging policy.
The Main Responsibilities
- Manage the Fleet Administrative team, continue to document and standardize the Admin team tasks and functions to have coverage for team backups.
- Develop corporate Fleet policies and practices that satisfy management operations, audit and financial control requirements. Establish organizational best practices and document practices in standard M&P format.
- Ensure that departmental policies, procedures and practices comply with corporate and regulatory policies and requirements.
- Partner with Fleet Manager-Operations and regional Fleet Supervisor teams to plan, conduct reviews and report on internal operations policies and practices compliance.
- Manage vehicle disposal processes and auction supplier agreements and amendments.
- Manage the annual Fleet vehicle and equipment inventory project.
- Complete DOT related activities including UCR registration and assist EH&S with MCS-150 registrations.
- Responsible for new technology evaluation and correspondence.
- Manage the fuel card replacement project in coordination with fleet management and fuel card suppliers.
- Coordinate entity documentation for Fleet licensing and registration. Complete annual entity transfer project.
- GPS program project, hardware and vendor management.
- Manage Fleet employee and client website content, functionality and migration projects.
- ANSI inspection and repair agreement administration
What We Look For in a Candidate
- College degree in business, finance, or fleet related fields preferred or equivalent, preferably in a large organization.
- Comprehensive knowledge of fleet management principles, techniques and laws involved in the operations and maintenance of a fleet portfolio.
- In lieu of a degree, an equivalent of 7 – 10 years of relevant experience of related technical and/or managerial experience.
- Fleet management certification (CAFM).
- Knowledge and experience with asset management principles and operations.
- Vehicle, equipment and mechanical knowledge is helpful
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 253083
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min $72540 Salary Max $161520
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. We’re able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by visiting https://lumenbenefits.com.
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.