Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Provides direct supervision to a team of technicians providing proactive and reactive network repair, surveillance, monitoring, troubleshooting, coordination and restoration of service-affecting or potentially-affecting network events/issues. Technicians frequently collaborate with Customers, Vendors, Local Exchange Carriers and other internal Lumen workgroups. Typically, the interaction is during the time of a service outage. This position is responsible for providing Superior Service to our growing customer base.
The Main Responsibilities
- Responsible for scheduling day-to-day activities. Assigns tasks, checks work, develops schedules and may perform individual tasks related to group
- Ensures that adequate staffing is in place to handle the work function assigned to the position’s area of responsibility. Assists in the selection and training of employees within the center
- Monitors individual employee performance on an ongoing basis. Responsible for conducting formal reviews with employees under this position’s supervision, as required in the Company’s policy on performance evaluation
- Acts as the primary point of contact on issues that require escalation. Manage escalations, provide updates to escalations, own and drive resolution within team our outside team. Monitors, evaluates, and takes corrective action necessary to meet or exceed objectives assigned to his or her area of responsibility
- Assist in planning and implementing new procedures promptly, allowing employees the ability to carry out their responsibilities
- Promotes good employee relations through effective communication and support of Company, Network and department policies
- Review daily reports relating to area of responsibility, taking corrective action required to obtain objectives. Reports issues that can affect the overall performance of the team. Review and/or provide weekly and monthly reports to management on team metrics and performance
- Administers company policies and monitors the daily results, costs, and methods of the work group
- Ensures that all functions are performed in a timely fashion and meet corporate and departmental specifications
- Be available for after hour’s escalations/engagement by employees, customers or management (On Call rotation duties).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Have the bility to work core work hours 3:00pm-11:00pm local time
What We Look For in a Candidate
- 3-5 years of related experience
- Basic or better understanding of Transport and Internetworking technology
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to engage in written and verbal communications with all levels of Lumen employees, customers and partners
- Self-development orientation, initiative, delegation, development of subordinates and setting of work standard
- Knowledge of PC applications (Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, SAP).
- Demonstrated high personal work standards
- Must be able to develop and implement new processes and procedures that will increase productivity while lowering cost
- Associate degree in a related field or equivalent work experience plus 5+ years of relevant experience
- Previous lead or supervisory experience preferred
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic team environment with ever changing requirements and ability to adapt quickly to those changes
- Knowledge of various network applications including NTM-Remedy, Ops console, OTTO, and Automatic Call Distribution call tracking systems such as Cisco Finesse
What to Expect Next
Based on your job application information you may be given the opportunity to complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will include a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that you complete this within 5 days of your application date.
Requisition #: 252999
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.