Requisition Number: 46693
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
At Corning, our growth is fueled by a commitment to innovation. We succeed through sustained investment in research & development, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges. We are a four-time National Medal of Technology winner thanks to our technology leadership and R&D environment, which attract and enable the best scientific minds in the world. This pipeline of talent has brought life-changing innovation to your fingertips for more than 160 years.
• Lead creative strategy in Corning’s Brand and Creative Studio, with a focus on strategic communications plan development, creative idea generation, communications development, and execution.
• Work with the Director, Corporate Brand to evolve Corning’s brand strategy and experience, including positioning, narrative, identity, architecture, governance, and other critical brand areas of focus.
• Work with the Director, Corporate Brand, other Corporate Communications Directors, the Division Vice President, and other marketing and communications staff across Corning to lead and develop cut-through communications and other brand initiatives.
• Represent the Corporate Communications function to leaders and other departments across Corning, helping to establish the function as a first point of contact for effective and defining creative.
• Guide the Brand and Creative studio in studio operations, such as creative brief development, research, creative reviews, brand governance, and collaboration/knowledge management projects
• Develop and manage a yearly creative review process for internal and agency work
• Own and drive other major studio and department initiatives as may be assigned by leadership.
• Work with vendors and consultants as needed to support communications objectives
Required Skills / Experience
• Curiosity and interest in brand, creative, and new ideas
• Demonstrated success leading:
- Brand strategy programs
- Brand and creative communications programs in complex contexts (such as, but not limited to, B2B, B2B2C, emerging technology, distributed organizations, etc).
- integrated strategy and creative design teams
• Fluency in brand strategy (positioning, narrative development, identity, architecture, governance, experience, et cetera) • Demonstrated success developing others
• Experience working within, and comfort with, integrated strategic and creative environments
• Executive-level communications skills
• Capacity to work well under pressure with ability to manage to multiple projects, stakeholders, and deadlines
• Ability to work flexible schedules to accommodate different global time zones
• Intellectual and creative curiosity
• Ability to inspire and influence others with a strategic and creative point of view
• Self-motivated to do good work and to inspire others to better work
• Strong interpersonal skills, especially in listening, problem solving, and influencing
Less than 10%
Education and Experience
~Eight years relevant experience.
Creative agency background (branding, advertising, design, content, et cetera) and/or creative strategy background (consultancy/agency) preferred.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.