KPMG’s Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
Our Corporate Tax department is a fast growing part of our Tax practice with a diverse client base of multinational firms, SMEs and private businesses from a number of different industries and sectors such as Retail, Telecommunication and energy.
Working in our successful Corporate Tax department will give you the opportunity to develop relationships with clients as you help manage the amount of corporation tax they need to pay. This involves working with clients to produce complex tax computations and returns for HM Revenue & Customs, giving advice on corporate planning projects.
We are currently looking to recruit an Assistant Manager to be based out of our Corporate Tax Advisory team in Bristol and Cardiff.
The role would involve travel to client sites and to our regional offices across the South West hence willingness to travel will be essential.
The successful candidate will be an initiator with a confident outward facing skillset willing to invest time and effort in the marketplace. For each client, working as a member of the client service team to provide Corporate Tax Compliance and Advisory services including:
• Being the Principal Contact with smaller clients on day to day tax matters and working with Senior Managers and Managers on larger clients
• Involvement on tax advisory and planning work on client portfolio
• Discussing new tax ideas with clients
• Working with specialists to deliver expertise to the local market
• Responding appropriately to requests from clients for other KPMG services
• Planning compliance work and taking responsibility for managing the process through to submission of tax computations
• Supervising the work of junior members of staff
• Reviewing corporation tax computations
• Co-ordinating tax payments, loss relief, capital allowances, group relief and other claims
• Liaising with the client service team and with colleagues in the audit and accounting discipline to provide a co-ordinated service to the client
• Advising the client on the computational treatment of contentious issues
• Implementing the firm’s advice in submitting returns and negotiating with HM Revenue & Customs
• Monitoring the tax compliance position using tax administration software
• Keeping internal control records up to date and ensuring compliance with quality control procedures
• Carrying out tax audits in accordance with terms of reference agreed with the audit team. Advising the audit team of potential tax exposure
• Ensuring fees are raised regularly, identifying situations where overruns can be billed and assisting Managers/Senior Managers in billing for advisory work
Qualifications and Skills
– Ideally CTA / ACA / ACCA qualified (or equivalent).
– Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
– Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
Experience and Background
– Prior Corporate Tax experience.
– Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
– Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
– Continuously learns from experiences.
– Seeks out feedback and development opportunities.
– Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
– Coaches less experienced staff.
– Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community.
– Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
– Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
– Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.