Job Req ID: 792321
Position Number: 00154070
Employment Type: PRN
Standard Hours: 5.0
Department Name: Radiology-Breast Hlth Diag CT
Location: CHS Stanly
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Performs mammographic procedures under the direct supervision of a radiologist. Operates mammographic equipment with proficiency, utilizing radiation safety practices and departmental protocols to produce a high quality examination.
- Verifies patient ID armband and validates proof of identity.
- Reviews patient mammography medical history and correlates prior mammograms to ensure the correct examination is being performed.
- Performs digital imaging acquisition and recognizes factors that affect image acquisition, display, archiving, and retrieval.
- Evaluates technical quality of images and consults with a radiologist if needed.
- Assists radiologist during invasive procedures and practices proper sterile technique in the assembling of necessary supplies.
- Reports malfunctioning equipment to the department supervisor. Performs troubleshooting and minor repair procedures under the direction of clinical engineering.
- Maintains patient records to include completing orders correctly, charging exams and supplies and verifying correct exam was sent to PACS.
This position requires moderate to heavy physical efforts in lifting and moving patients, equipment and supplies. Must be able to push, pull, and lift weights of up to 600 pounds with assistance. Requires frequent standing, sitting, walking, bending and lifting. Required to stretch, bend, twist, squat, and kneel in the daily operation of the Mammography department. Exposure to various physical conditions such as walking on hard surfaces and climbing stairs. Able to adapt to changes in temperature and humidity. Required to use radiation safety guidelines to prevent exposure to ionizing radiation.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Associates Degree in Radiologic Technology required. Current registration with ARRT required. Experience with breast ultrasound preferred. Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider (BLS HCP) from AHA required. Bi-lingual preferred.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer