Relocation Assistance Offered Within Country
# 110786 – Sanford, Maine, United States
Activist For Everyday Good!
If you are looking for an opportunity to join somewhere special, look no further, you found it.
Tom’s of Maine, part of Colgate-Palmolive Company is hiring!!
Tom’s of Maine products – including toothpaste, deodorant, mouthwash, bar soap, body wash, lotions and lip balms – are sold across the United States and Canada. And because we are so committed to giving back, we donate 10% of our profits to charitable organizations, and our employees can use 5% of their paid time volunteering for causes they are passionate about.
Tom’s of Maine, a leading natural personal care manufacturer, is seeking Making Technicians who are responsible for the manufacture of natural oral and personal care products while delivering excellence in safety, quality and productivity. The role supports new product and process development. The Technician is also supportive of the Tom’s of Maine Mission and site requirements as needed such as participation on cross-functional teams, leadership for community events, volunteering, and working on maintenance/housekeeping projects.
- Safety – Understands and is accountable for full compliance with Minimum Safe Behaviors and other safety requirements. Specific examples include ergonomics, personal protective equipment, and powered lift operation.
- Environment requires following all procedures for waste handling, disposal, spill control, and water minimization.
- Quality – Understands and is accountable for following all Quality, Good Manufacturing Processes, and Micro [C&S Guidelines] standards and guidelines. Responsible for following Standard Operating Procedures during all activities. This includes documenting every weight, batch number, mixture addition, and equipment C&S with accuracy and neatness to meet FDA guidelines. This also includes partnership with Quality on GMP improvement projects, sampling, and root cause analysis. Performs Housekeeping activities as per established protocols.
- Productivity – Responsible for efficiency of workflow for weighing, charging, and cleaning activities throughout the Make Area during the shift. Minimizes downtime to reduce batch cycle time. Completes batch changeovers quickly and prepares for the next incoming shift. Meets business needs by flexing scheduled work hours or contributing additional work hours when needed.
- Leadership – Responsible for Factory Performance & Reliability work such as visual workplace organization and housekeeping. Works with other employees and management on continuous improvement projects and process design.
- Attention to detail with the ability to follow all procedures, and neatly document tasks with precision.
- Accuracy to maintain inventories of each material with batch control using math skills.
- Mechanical skills to set up, operate, and clean equipment with a focus on safety.
- Computer skills to operate controls (such as Programmable Logic Controller, scale interface, handheld scanner,
- SAP computer transactions, computer email) with skill as trained.
- Leadership to take initiative for continuous improvement and act according to Managing with Respect principles.
- Teamwork to work closely with others to achieve shared goals.
- Communication skills with ability to understand and assess team production performance via visual, written, and verbal communications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational or Technical degree preferred
Experience and Requirements:
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Able to lift up to 55 pounds repeatedly with or without accommodation.
- Work on feet for extended periods in a fast-paced environment with or without accommodation.
- Meet shift requirements with excellent attendance.
- Work mandatory overtime including weekend work when needed.
- Teamwork and strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-directed with strong results-oriented attitude.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, climb, crawl, and work in confined spaces, and work in hazardous condition spaces for up to twelve hours per day.
- Ability to work in extreme weather conditions with temperature ranges from cold to hot and humid
- Ability to use hazardous materials
- Ability to lift up to 55 lbs. on continual basis
- Complete tasks that require working with hands overhead
- Use a stand-up or sit-down forklift, intermittently for up to twelve hours per day
- Walk unlimited distances each day.
- Frequently walk up and down multiple levels of steps, multiple times a day, up to 8.5 levels – carrying tool bag, materials, or other supplies that weigh 25 lbs on average
- Occasionally climb ladders or ledges, with tie-off equipment when required
- Frequently bend at waist 90 degrees and flex at knees 120 degrees
- Wear required personal protective equipment, including hearing, eye, foot and dust protection.
- Frequently perform tasks in an environment that contains significant levels of dust
- Perceive visual and audible alarms and telephones while wearing hearing protection
- Receive and transmit information in person and by telephone communications
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Tom’s of Maine? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Tom’s of Maine is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Tom’s of Maine and Colgate, please visit http://www.tomsofmaine.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject “Accommodation Request” should you require accommodation.