Auto req ID: 8504
Title: Maintenance Toolmaker (Labor Pool)
Job Function: Manufacturing
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time:Full Time
Shift: Labor Pool
Pay Rate: $41.56/hr.
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
Our Powertrain Operations facility, located on Pilgrim Road in Menomonee Falls, WI, is where the “jewel” of the motorcycle comes to life. Pilgrim Road employees produce engines and transmissions for the final assembly plant in York, Pennsylvania, as well as transmissions, and replacement parts for sale through Harley-Davidson® Genuine Motor Parts and Accessories business. Join our team as a Maintenance Toolmaker and help build the world’s most sought-after motorcycles.
- Support the production operation by providing immediate response to all breakdowns to minimize equipment downtime and follow all escalation processes as defined
- Troubleshoot and perform all required tool and die work on automated equipment
- Make repairs to pneumatic and hydraulic system as necessary in order to perform necessary maintenance and PM activities
- Ability to perform production tasks as necessary or required by the situation
- Ensure machine availability goals are met by participating in and organizing Root Cause Analysis activities to improve equipment up time
- Basic welding and the ability to perform repairs requiring welding to return production equipment to service
- Understand Predictive Maintenance technologies in order to understand when they apply to problems and participate in utilizing them as deemed necessary
- Assist in training employees in production roles to perform simple maintenance tasks as associated with TPM
- Wears all required PPE for the task being performed
- Actively participate in any Skills Training Program required
- Lockout equipment to be maintained and follow all safety policies and procedures
- Perform routine Preventive Maintenance (PM) activities
- Utilize the CMMS to record and track work activities including time keeping, historical equipment repairs, and work order/PM closures
- Operates necessary material handling equipment to transport supplies to job and to make installations and repairs
- Performs routine and customary material handling and housekeeping associated with the job
- Instructs helper or apprentice and acts as a leader on jobs as required
- High School diploma or GED
- Journey-level card in Tool and Die including 5 years of experience in work holding fixtures, specialty tools, instrument and precision metal parts
- Hands on experience of hydraulics, pneumatic systems, and its related components
- Will be required to successfully pass the testing in place with Ramsay Corporation
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills in solving problems with tool and die and mechanical maintenance on automated equipment
- Thorough understanding of tool room equipment, operations associated with drilling, milling, surface grinding, and lathe operations
- Basic understanding of CNC control and Predictive Maintenance technologies
- Demonstrated ability to read and utilize prints and drawings of machine assembly, layouts, hydraulic and pneumatic systems
- Experience using precision instruments in either metric or English measurement systems
- Basic understanding of PCs
- Good verbal and written communication skills
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time hourly employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We welcome everybody to join our family and be united no matter who you are or where you come from. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 0 – 10%
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship