Requisition Number: 44458
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Purpose of Position
- Coordinate and facilitate the daily activities of the maintenance repair function.
- Ensure that equipment operates efficiently through the effective use of preventative, predictive, and corrective maintenance.
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Troubleshoot equipment failure and perform root cause analysis.
- Facilitate root cause analysis in a team environment.
- Plan and schedule preventative maintenance and repair work that require equipment downtime.
- Interface with production department to communicate any problems/ issues.
- Responsible for allocating repair personnel to ensure equipment is in proper working condition
- Participate in team meetings with engineering and production. These meetings could include, but are not limited to production planning meetings, engineering process reviews, maintenance planning meeting or reviews, and equipment improvement teams.
- Work with engineering to best determine necessary maintenance support and resources for projects.
- Coordinate the maintenance requirement specifications for the design of new machinery and/or upgrades/ improvements to existing equipment.
- Assist in planning, and in some cases conducting, training for maintenance technicians.
- Procure needed parts for projects or machine repair as required.
- Assist in tracking critical maintenance metrics. Examples include overall equipment effectiveness (OEE), mean Time between failures (MTBF), scheduling compliance for repair/project/preventative maintenance work, and overall maintenance costs.
- Work in a team environment that fosters safety awareness and mutual respect.
This description is intended to provide general duties and responsibilities and not meant to be an exhaustive inventory of the role. You may be assigned and expected to perform duties not otherwise contained in this description. Attention to consistent material handling procedures with an awareness of safe material transport according to environmental and hazardous materials protocols
- Good working conditions.
- Heavy lifting in rare instances typically assisted. Majority of time light lifting is involved.
- Some exposure to elements of dirt, dust, fumes, and noise, but none disagreeable.
Education: Minimum HS diploma, plus: – Equivalent to an accredited apprenticeship program in trade, craft , or occupation or- 2 year technical college degree or- equivalent experience in maintenance or production roles in a manufacturing environment
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.