Requisition Number: 43824
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry.This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
The purpose of this position is: Ensure that equipment operates efficiently through the effective use of preventative maintenance, calibration, and prompt breakdown maintenance.
This position includes significant duties such as:
- Troubleshoot equipment failure and perform root cause analysis.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair work that requires equipment downtime per designated schedule.
- Properly complete maintenance work orders, CMMS (AS 400 and Maximo), predictive maintenance checklist and any other required documentation during normal performance of analysis and collection of data.
- Keep coordinators, supervisors, and operators informed of any changes or issues while performing routine maintenance
- Support production and engineering departments with all necessary maintenance repair needs.
- Perform maintenance requirement specifications for the design of new machinery and/or upgrades/ improvements to existing equipment
- Work with engineering as assigned on project s as necessary
- Work with outside contractors for PM’s and repairs
- Procure needed parts for projects or machine repair as required
- Work in a team environment that fosters safety awareness and mutual respect.
This description is intended to provide general duties and responsibilities and not meant to be an exhaustive inventory of the role. You may be assigned and expected to perform duties not otherwise contained in this description. Attention to consistent material handling procedures with an awareness of safe material transport according to environmental and hazardous materials protocols
- Good working conditions.
- Heavy lifting in rare instances typically assisted. Majority of time light lifting is involved.
- Some exposure to elements of dirt, dust, fumes, and noise, but none disagreeable.
Education: Equivalent to an accredited apprenticeship program in trade, craft , or occupation. 2 year technical college degree
- Thorough understanding of machine function and equipment processes.
- Must be proficient in the use of Volt meters, Ohm meters, flow meters, thermometers, lathes, milling machines, drill press, band and cutoff saws, pipe bending and threading equipment, metal grinders, metal shear and brake, welding equipment, micrometers, dial and digital calipers, and small hand and power tools.
Shift: Night Shift
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.