Layton Dairy, a proud member of the nation-wide Kroger Manufacturing, is looking for a Maintenance Tech to be part of our team. At Layton Dairy, we uniquely offer the resources and benefits of a Fortune 500 company while maintaining a hometown atmosphere centered around teamwork, support, and development.
What We Offer
- Competitive wage depending on experience
- $500 bonus after 90-days
- Quarterly bonus potential
- Two weeks of paid vacation up front
- 6 paid Holidays with 4 personal days per year
- Paid sick leave
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts at all Smiths stores
- Many other perks
Perform tasks related to preventative maintenance, mechanical machine repairs, inspection and testing of equipment, building maintenance and specific projects. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1st strategy. Provide leadership that embodies our 7 Kroger Manufacturing High Performance Work System principles. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and pipe and electrical systems in the facility.
- Set up and use of machine tools such as lathe, grinder, drill press and milling machine to repair or fabricate parts.
- Troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facility equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
- Complete assigned work orders.
- Maintain maintenance area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Utilize maintenance systems as necessary to complete daily, weekly, monthly duties.
- Operate material handling equipment safely.
- Enter information in the systems to document work order completion.
- Provide support to team in the predictive and preventative maintenance program.
- Participate and actively support all plant initiatives.
- Organize and define tasks with minimal supervision.
- Follow established programs, policies and practices to produce safe quality foods that meet regulatory and company requirements.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- Proficient knowledge and ability in welding, as well as electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Strong attention to detail with high degree of accuracy and precision
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines with limited supervision
- Basic computer use knowledge and skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Flexible to work any shift as needed
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- 2+ years maintenance mechanic experience
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: Trade School Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Keywords: Maintenance Manufacturing Tech