What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Position: Maintenance Tech II
One (1) Position – A Crew (7AM-7PM)-Mon, Wed, Thurs Wk 1/Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun Wk 2
One (1) Position – B Crew (7AM-7PM)-Mon, Wed, Thurs Wk 1/Tues, Fri, Sat, Sun Wk 2
$23.83 Hourly Rate
Primary duties include providing safe and timely mechanical and electrical support, preventative maintenance, lubrication, repair, mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and resolution of complex operational issues of machines within a manufacturing industrial environment. The ideal candidate will have mechanical experience, a familiarity with hydraulics and pneumatics and have basic troubleshooting experience with proven ability of machine repair.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Inspecting, identifying and repairing complex mechanical equipment.
• Repairing and maintaining piping systems and assembling hoses with fittings.
• Basic fabrication and welding, must demonstrate ability to follow prints.
• Demonstrate experience in troubleshooting and maintaining hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication systems.
• Exercising strong communication skills and being a good team member.
• Troubleshooting and repairing other simple electrical equipment that maintains production, Safety, quality, output, and reduces downtime on production lines in accordance with codes, regulations and specifications. Knowledge with 120, 240 and 480 3-Phase power sources.
High school diploma or equivalent
Military training and or Technical School preferred
- 2 years of Mechanical Repair Experience.
- An operational knowledge of automated industrial machinery which includes; motors, servos, pumps, drives, relays, 3 phase power, communication devices, industrial / electronic controls and power transmission systems.
- A good understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- A strong problem solving ability with practical, mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical drawings.
- Must be fully computer literate with Microsoft environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a mature and professional manner.
- Ability to work various shifts / overtime / days per week.
- Corrugated background is a plus, but not required
All the above job functions must be carried out following all Safety guidelines as directed according to Company policy.
Must receive Recommended Status on IP Required AON Maintenance Assessment
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
San Antonio TX 78219