Job Title: Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) Buyer
Shift: 1st Shift (7am-3:30pm) starting at $20/hr, up to $30/hr depending on experience
Reports to: Maintenance Manager
This position is responsible for ensuring that assigned supplier based products are available to meet the production schedule to support manufacturing build plan while achieving defined inventory levels
- Manage all aspects of purchasing and distribution while taking into account cost-effective solutions and maintain inventory levels where necessary.
- Communicate with the client, foster a team atmosphere, and report on progress.
- Assess purchase orders for accuracy and compliance with regulations.
- Receive price quotes from vendors, compare quotes against requirements and the budget, and purchase orders via fax or computer.
- Purchases materials, equipment, supplies, and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with prescribed purchasing regulations and procedures.
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations. Contacts vendors to arrange transportation of purchases.
- Develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
- May authorize the payment of invoices or return of merchandise.
- Provides timely disposition of non-conforming materials and maintains supplier performance measurements based on quality products, deliveries, and services.
- Works closely with plant management to maximize schedule attainment.
- Coordinates material delivery with inventory to support manufacturing schedule. May examine material delivered to production to verify conformance to specifications.
- Contacts Team Leads and Department Supervisors relative to availability of materials, delays, changing orders and handling problems in order to meet the production plan.
- Communicates to Customer Support updates on delivery dates for orders at risk.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedule to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Assists and/or performs in any and all areas as assigned.
Employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or 5 years’ experience in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Maintains high level of understanding of technical product and process knowledge.
- Must have effective planning, organizational, decision making skills and the ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Possesses an advanced understanding of MRP (material requirements planning) tools and techniques.
- Performs tasks requiring advanced proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office, and Outlook.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or craw, and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.