Job Req ID: 833041
Position Number: 00000432
Employment Type: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: Maintenance – Plant Operations
Location: Atrium Health Mercy
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Performs as a lead mechanic, assisting the leadership to carry out the daily requirements of the department and demonstrates all essential job functions for Mechanic I and above. Assumes supervisory role in the absence of leadership.
- Makes and/or coordinates repairs and replacements to HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems as assigned. Handles multiple project/repair assignments and assess/coordinate staffing requirements.
- Performs a variety of repairs and maintenance on all equipment as required to ensure that safety and patient care are not affected.
- Secures parts and supplies through the storeroom. Selects and requests materials appropriate for the assigned job. Performs a variety of planned maintenance tasks and/or inspections on assigned equipment or area.
- Supervises and coordinates material requirements and requisitions for assigned repairs/projects. Maintains, troubleshoots and utilizes building automation system for any maintenance activities. Oversees and instructs team members on equipment, controls and safety. Supervises numerous jobs at several locations as assigned.
- Reads blueprints, schematics, wiring diagrams, and manuals to implement work involving layout, material take-off and trouble-shooting techniques as well as provide comments on all design review drawings.
- Provides documentation on timesheets and work orders using computer systems. Fully utilizes the computerized maintenance management work order system.
- Collects and records all regulatory documentation. Maintains operational and project budgets.
- Observes and follows all safety and security regulations, department and hospital policies and procedures.
- Assists outside service personnel, inspectors, and vendors. Coordinates and leads the implementation of small projects, requiring oversight of junior mechanics, vendors and contractors.
- Supports as necessary engineers, contractors and designers in the implementation of building projects.
Must be able to lift 75 pounds when transporting equipment from facility or job site. When performing diagnosis, maintenance and repair of assigned equipment, will be frequently required to climb, lift, crawl, squat and kneel to access sites. Exposure to electrical shock hazards, severe weather conditions, infectious diseases, and hazardous chemicals. Provides good verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels of hospital personnel.
Education, Experience and Certifications
High School Diploma or GED. Five years� experience as general building and systems mechanic required healthcare experience preferred. Experience working in teams, leading project teams, including junior staff, preferred. Experience with state, local and federal regulations preferred (ex: OSHA, health department, Joint Commission). Valid driver�s license.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer