J.Crew is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic to join our growing team in the Lynchburg Distribution Center! Are you interested in working 4 ten hour shifts and having THREE DAYS OFF, a comprehensive BENEFITS plan for you and your family, 3 weeks of Paid Time Off each year and much, much MORE?!
- Do you have a variety of experience with BUILDING MAINTENANCE – electrical, hydraulics, carpentry, and/or plumbing?
- Are you able to set up, maintain and complete preventative maintenance on a variety of WAREHOUSE EQUIPMENT – material handling equipment, conveyance systems, sorter systems, and/or powered industrial equipment?
- Do you enjoy solving problems, troubleshooting and working toward creative solutions individually and as a team?
If so, we would love to meet you – apply today!
The position does require the ability to complete the essential functions listed below and flexibility in work duties and schedule as needed.
- Lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stoop for up to 10 hours at a time
- Ability to work at heights (overhead conveyors, outbound trash line, sorter, etc.) by climbing stairs or ladder or use of scissor lift
- Ability to work on all equipment throughout the facility – which will require the ability to bend, stoop, crawl, reach, work from knees or back to access equipment
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Ability to work in confined areas
- Ability to work around moving machinery/equipment
- Stand for duration of work shift and walk/move continuously
- Adjust to climate changes; hot and cold extremes may occur in the warehouse
- Lift up to 60 pounds or more; some work duties require overhead lifting
- 2nd shift – Sunday-Wednesday 3pm-1am
- Overtime as required
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.