Location: LOC_MAIN-Main Hospital
Req ID: 117439
Employment Status: Regular – Full Time
This position is responsible for the receipt, sorting, delivery and processing of all internal and external mail and packages.
- Pickup mail from US Post Office
- Delivery of Mail throughout Main Campus and some offsite locations via CHOP vehicle
- Ensures the receipt, verification, and delivery of mail to addressed departments and patients within twenty-four (24) hours
- Ensures the processing and postage of all outgoing material within twenty-four (24) hours
- Ensures the safeguarding of express, certified and registered mail until signature and proper documentation is obtained from delivery department
- Prepares and maintains departmental reports and records of material being received and shipped
- Ensures all logs are completed with the appropriate information required
- Adheres to all Hospital and Departmental Policies & Procedures
Job Responsibilities (Continued)
- Responds promptly and positively to patients, families, associates, and all others in a respectful, courteous, and confidential manner
- Facilitates a clean, safe, quiet, and secure environment for all
- Reviews and contributes to the attainment of departmental and CHOP goals annually
- Participates in CHOP continuous quality improvement initiatives
- Completes all mandatory education training
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focused
- Ability to organize daily tasks in a manner to ensure high priority tasks are completed on time
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
Required Education and Experience
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Two (2) years office services experience required.
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Additional Technical Requirements
- Must be computer literate in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Outlook, and Excel
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146