AGCO has exciting opportunities for a Machine Operators in Paris, Illinois. As a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural solutions; AGCO delivers effective, high-tech solutions for those working to feed the world’s population, from planting to storage and everything in between.
Grow with Us
As the Machine Operator you will be responsible for operating various fabrication machines and fabricating material to specification, from job orders and document production data.
- Follow required safety and work procedures including standards and blueprints.
- Set-up, adjust, program, calibrate and perform preventative maintenance on fabrication equipment.
- Fabricate material to specification, from job order and document production data at a level of output that minimizes production delays.
- Utilize quality checks to ensure all systems are set for correct operational sequencing and to meet product standards while implementing all aspects of the AGCO Quality System.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards and utilize all aspect of the AGCO Production (Lean) System.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Understanding of how to use measuring instruments (calipers, protractor, tape measure, steel ruler and operate a hand grinder and other hand tools.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Strong mechanical aptitude as well as the ability to read blueprints and a tape measure and follow precise instructions.
- Ability to read, write and use basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers and across departments.
While performing the duties of this job, you will work near large machinery and equipment. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud and you will be exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F.
You will occasionally be required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and will frequently be required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. You must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day and be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
AGCO offers competitive benefits including options and choices that fit your life including: medical, dental, vision, life and accident insurance, long and short term disability, a 401k match, employee assistance program, and discounted home and auto insurance.
A World of Opportunities
Our AGCO family lives in many places around the world with manufacturing, sales and administrative sites spanning the globe: from Finland to China, the US to Germany, France to Brazil. We are a team of more than 20,000 employees in over 35 countries. As a company, we benefit from the perspective, experience and ideas that come from our naturally diverse team. Our strong, modern brands, such as Challenger, Fendt, GSI, Massey Ferguson and Valtra, meet a wide variety of farmer needs and are well-known around the world.
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.