Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the Role:
Primary focus is to build quality product by following processes to meet all production goals.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Understands and adheres to safety policies and practices.
- Responsible for quality and adheres to manufacturing process requirements, the Boston Scientific Corporation Quality Policy and the Strategic Quality Process (SQP).
- Builds product by following all processes in which certified (in their most current revision), and completes other assigned work, while meeting manufacturing goals a8nd metrics.
- Gains basic understanding of Lean Manufacturing and related principles.
- Willing to flex and rotate as necessary and work well with all group members, both within the team and cross-functionally.
- Under the direction of other maintains accurate records such as Manufacturing Execution System (MES), Shop Floor Paperwork (SFP), training Records System (TRS), Product Data Management (PDM), Systems Application & Products (SAP) and Process Equipment Optimization (PEO).
- Moderate mechanical aptitude. Able to learn how to set-up equipment to meet process specifications.
- Under the direction of others interprets quality specifications via SPC; understands tight tolerance through the use of various measurement equipment.
- Assist and learn to take ownership and accountability to drive metrics by actively participating in Focused Factory cross-functional teams.
- Understands and follows all BSC and site specific policies and procedures.
- Responsible for attending and passing all core required BSC and site specific training (i.e. QS Basics, RTK, Lean Training, and Extrusion 101).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic functions of SAP.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic functions of MES.
- Able to perform basic extrusion trouble shooting methods.
- Learns to plan and prepare the equipment to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Provide Continuous Improvement suggestions.
What We Are Looking For:
- High school degree or equivalent required
- 1 year experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with basic computer programs
- Team Player Attributes
- Some Technical Experience that can be applied to the job
Requisition ID: 517739
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Please be advised that certain US based positions, including without limitation field sales and service positions that call on hospitals and/or health care centers, require acceptable proof of COVID-19 vaccination status. Candidates will be notified during the interview and selection process if the role(s) for which they have applied require proof of vaccination as a condition of employment. Boston Scientific continues to evaluate its policies and protocols regarding the COVID-19 vaccine and will comply with all applicable state and federal law and healthcare credentialing requirements. As employees of the Company, you will be expected to meet the ongoing requirements for your roles, including any new requirements, should the Company’s policies or protocols change with regard to COVID-19 vaccination.