With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 9,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $1.9 billion in revenues in fiscal 2020. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Machine Operator – 1st Shift
This position supports the finishing operations to the manufacture of Rod. Primary function is the straightening, cutting and packaging to the desired router specifications.
1. Thorough knowledge of the straightener, saw and packaging areas – completion of Training Matrix
2. Ensures finished product conforms to router specifications and quality standards re: length, size & color
3. Supports other areas within the Rod Department; electrode de-burring, rod finishing & material handling
4. Accurately fills out Router and Revert Identification.
Typical duties and tasks:
1. Regular attendance
2. Straighten rod to router specifications
3. Cut rod to router specifications and measure to ensure desired length is obtained
4. Package cut rod to router specifications with correct label identification and deliver to packed goods area
5. Assist in other rod department areas as needed
6. Maintain good housekeeping
Qualifications and Experience:
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Ability to operate forklifts, work saver and weighing equipment
3. Ability to work with hand tools, packaging and wrapping equipment
4. Ability to follow directions communicated both written and verbal
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Constant walking and standing
2. Frequent reaching and grasping; occasional stooping, kneeling, pulling, fingering, feeling; repetitive motion of hands and/or fingers
3. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs. unassisted
4. Visual acuity to perform activities such as operating machines where job is at or within arm’s reach
5. Subject to high humidity and/or temperatures occasionally; moving parts
6. PPE: steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, overhead hoists, powered industrial trucks, and other material handling devices/equipment
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
The responsibilities and tasks outlined in this document are not exhaustive and may change as determined by the needs of the company.
As part of our core values, Kennametal is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all people. We are an Equal Opportunity employer.