Department: Fabrication (T8 Brakes)
Shift: 1st Shift, 7am-3:00pm, Overtime starts at 5am, plus Saturdays when needed
Classification: Non-exempt/Hourly starting at $19/hr up to $23.50/hr depending on experience
Reports to: Production Manager/Production Supervisor
The Machine Operator operates various fabrication machines and fabricates material to specification, from job orders and document production data.
- Follow required safety and work procedures.
- Set-up, adjust, program, calibrate and perform preventative maintenance on fabrication equipment.
- Fabricate material to specification, from job order and document production data at a level of output that minimizes production delays.
- Utilize quality checks to ensure all systems are set for correct operational sequencing and to meet product standards.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards.
- Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management systems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
High school diploma or GED.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Basic computer skills.
- Understanding of how to use measuring instruments (calipers, protractor, tape measure, steel ruler), read blueprints and operate hand grinder and other hand tools.
- Ability to read, write and use basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division).
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to follow precise instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers and across departments.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or craw and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions – to an environment where the future is happening now.