Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
All Available Locations: Montreal
Learn from M&A leaders through mentoring and on the job coaching
Play a key client-facing role on marquee M&A transactions surch as capital raise and divestitures
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with business owners and executives as lead M&A advisor? Read more below about joining our group of dedicated M&A professionals!
What will your typical day look like?
Our team is looking for a Senior Manager (Executive Director) to play a lead on M&A transactions. As part of your role you will co-ordinate and perform critical aspects throughout the transaction lifecycle in a client-facing role, including:
• With the support of Associates, Analysts and Vice Presidents, be responsible for executing and closing mid-market, private company M&A transactions, including the preparation of confidential information memorandums, potential buyer / target lists, initiating discussions with buyers / sellers, facilitating due diligence, negotiating with buyers / sellers, and working with legal counsel to prepare definitive purchase / sale documentation.
• Quickly develop an understanding of the client business and its drivers, including analysis of historical performance, working capital, capital expenditure, forecasts and underlying assumptions
• Be responsible for sourcing and closing M&A transactions, with a strong focus on business development
• Work with senior practitioners to proactively develop M&A ideas for clients in a variety of sectors
• Develop proactive pitch presentations on actionable M&A opportunities
• Build and maintain ongoing, long-term relationships with existing and potential clients
• Support Directors and Partners in their relationship management responsibilities, including with current and prospective clients
• Manage, develop and mentor Managers, Associates, Analysts, and other staff
The Corporate Finance team is a collaborative group that creates value for clients undergoing a capital raise, merger, acquisition or divestiture. Our team is growing and for the second year in a row we have been recognized by Merger Market as the #1 Financial Advisor in both Canadian and Global M&A deal activity (measured by deal volume).We are a group of collaborative and amazing people who value client service excellence while having fun and supporting the career growth and the development of each other.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone with:
• Significant relevant work experience in corporate finance, investment banking, or corporate development, including a track-record of closing transactions
• Completion of a finance or accounting designation (CPA, MBA, CBV or CFA)
• Sound financial modeling and valuation experience
• Exceptional communication, presentation and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative
• Transaction and execution experience
• An ability to quarterback files on day one
• Superior verbal and written communication skills in both French and English.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having a diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.