Job Title: Logistics Specialist
Department: Shipping T99
Shift: 1st Shift 7:00 am-3:30 pm, OT can start as early as 5am or end as late as 5pm, plus Saturdays when production demand is high
Reports to: Shipping Supervisor
Supports pre/post logistics functions for particular Ship Via categories as assigned; including but not limited to: Scheduling pickup of product, coordinating with customers, outbound dock scheduling, reporting of performance and metrics, and exception management.
- Capable of managing daily, weekly, and monthly schedules for a ship via within Shipping SAP in conjunction with other tools
- Manages paperwork development that serves a primary documentation for loading functions
- Is able to process orders for assigned Ship Via’s for all domestic, international and special shipments
- Works with the Shipping Docks Manager and Team Leader to facilitate schedule and level load planning
- Works with the Team Leaders over the various shipping processes to facilitate schedule conflict resolution
- Works with corporate logistics team to facilitate proper shipping documentation
- Communicates directly with customers to confirm order shipments as required by the assigned Ship Via
- Reports daily to various departments.
- Works directly with customers, sales, and outside logistics groups to resolve shipping conflicts
- Follow required safety and work procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area to 5S Standards.
- Implement all aspects of AGCO Lean and Quality Management systems.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Employees/temporary employees are responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures. Associate responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Comply with all safety rules, policies and procedures.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their supervisor.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE) and report any defective PPE.
- Report all near-misses, incidents, injuries, illnesses, including mobile equipment or property damage.
- Participation in the site Safety and Health Program.
High school diploma or GED required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous Shipping / Receiving / Supply Chain experience preferred
- Solid math skills
- Ability to read, write
- Strong aptitude with computers and various systems, multi-line phones, email communication
- Aptitude with Microsoft Office and the like.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers and across departments.
- Strong analytical ability.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works with and near large machinery and equipment daily. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is exposed to a variety of extreme conditions including temperatures ranging from 40°F to 105°F. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or craw and frequently required to use hands and fingers to handle or feel; and reach with hands or arms. The employee must be able to stand for up to twelve hours per day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The employee must wear personal protective equipment (i.e. eye protection, respirator, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, sleeves, etc.)
No travel is expected for this position.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
AGCO is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of inappropriate or unlawful conduct on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.