Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
CASCADES TISSUE GROUP
The Tissue Group, a division of Cascades, is the second-largest tissue producer in Canada and the fifth-largest in North America. The Division manufactures, converts and markets a huge selection of paper products, such as hand towels, bathroom tissue, facial tissue, napkins, paper towels, wipers and dispensers for the North American away-from-home and consumer products markets. The Group has more than 2,200 employees and operates seven manufacturing plants, nine conversion plants and four plants with both manufacturing and conversion facilities.
The Bear Island Mill is the newest addition to the Cascades Containerboard Packaging lineup. This state-of-the-art facility will offer one of the lightest high end, 100% recycled linerboard and medium products on the market. The mill is actually under construction and start-up is scheduled in December 2022.
the Logistics Operation Manager will be reporting to the Plant Manager:
Before the Startup, the ideal candidate In partnership with the project resources and centers of expertise, the Logistics Manager will be responsible for:
• Acting as a key contributor to the establishment and implementation of the strategy and being the site reference for the corporate team and consultants.
• Be fully invested, with the assistance of the project partners, in Logistics personnel management, in the recruitment, development and coaching to ensure a robust organization in the department’s logistics prepared to achieve the established goals.
• The ramp up, stabilization and optimization of the management processes of his department.
After the startup, The Logistics Manager will support the units’ operational strategy for logistics/transportation including management and accountability for:
• The proper functioning of site logistics, including managing the department in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations.
• The inventory accuracy and level of raw material dictated by usage; weekly and monthly physical inventory, budgeting and forecasting.
• Maintaining and adhering to processes and standard operating procedures related to logistics and related regulations.
• Excellent teamwork with Production and Accounting teams to ensure seamless operations, on-time delivery of finished product and accounting KPIs for product life cycle.
• Skillful communication with the corporate Supply Chain Planning and Fulfillment COE, coordinating all efforts in a team-based environment.
• Master the various logistics KPIs and act on discrepancies.
Core competencies defined for this job
Planning and organizing
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Extensive experience in the field of logistics, including a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position.
• Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, and management principles.
• Knowledge of various modes of transportation and shipping model (both inbound and outbound per day).
• Demonstrated ability to manage direct and indirect reports and effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals.
• Excellent overall adaptability and flexibility.
• Intermediate knowledge of SAP.
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.