Requisition Number: 47662
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
We are looking for a professional with good knowledge and experience in data analytics to join our team. The organization is driving the value delivery by enabling, accelerating, and amplifying supply chain excellence programs and best practices.
- Logistics Data Engineer provides intelligence and insights for our global logistics team to improve process, efficiencies and costs while assuring quality and consistency across the Global Logistics Organization (GLO) team deliverables.
- Analyze logistics problem by gathering and processing logistics data to make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a data quality program with key data sources and providers
- Lead GLO team to provide intelligence from Transportation Management System (TMS) analytics, to enable team to initiate improvement projects, eg. spend drivers, on time metrics, etc.
- Support data quality maintenance and provide constant analysis and fine tuning of data provided by vendors
- Support TMS implementation process for all businesses in the organization
- Partner with Information Technology (IT) department to ensure compliance with best practices
- Support development and enhancement of GLO core services such as TMS implementation, warehouse solutions, freight audit and payment solutions, etc.
- Define and develop standard global logistics reporting metrics for Global Supply Management (GSM) and business leaders
- Perform as subject matter expert (SME) of TMS
- Support in the development of Microsoft SharePoint site(s)
- Participate on departmental and cross-functional teams focused on continuous process improvement
- As a newly created position, the position is essential to be dynamic to perform additional responsibilities as assigned within GLO organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, logistics, supply chain management, data analytics
- 3+ years of experience in logistics/ supply chain function with regional exposure
- Proven experiences on logistics project management, logistics network design and implementation
- Good problem-solving skills, analytical, result-oriented with good interpersonal, analytical and presentation skills.
- Able to develop relationships and communicate well with a cross-regional team
- Willing to work under pressure. Accept challenges, meet commitments and project deadlines.
- Business maturity, acumen, flexible and teamwork spirit.
- Digital mindset
- Fluent in English
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.