Location Name: Findlay, OH
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: 539 S Main St, Findlay, OH, United States (US), 45840
Education Level: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies from ABA-approved school
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Non-Exempt
This position is for a paralegal with strong analytical, legal research and writing skills to support the litigation team in the Litigation and Human Resources component of the Law organization. The selected candidate will; coordinate litigation discovery; communicate, organize, assimilate and summarize information for use by in-house and outside counsel; research and analyze legal resources such as statutes, court decisions, and regulatory guidance documents.
- Provides collaborative, professional support to practicing attorneys to assure that the Company, its assets and its activities are legally safeguarded, comply with applicable laws and regulations and do not unduly expose the Company to liabilities.
- Researches and analyzes law sources such as statutes, regulations, recorded judicial decisions, agency guidance documents, legal articles, and legal codes.
- Assists in the defense of enforcement proceedings and the preparation and trial of lawsuits, including arbitrations and administrative agency proceedings, instituted or defended by the Company.
- Arranges and compiles responses to interrogatories and document production requests and summarizes depositions and testimonies for the attorneys.
- Uses Company hold order, matter management, e-discovery, and document management databases and programs and other technology tools to collaboratively, effectively and efficiently manage matters, projects, litigation and research materials.
- Works cooperatively and in compliance with processes, procedures and guidelines developed by the practicing attorneys and Law Administration team.
- Assists with responding to subpoenas, and similar inquiries seeking Company information.
- Works with others in Law and client groups regarding document requests and coordinates witness interviews and depositions; issues hold orders, collects and reviews document collections (both hard copy and electronic), and ensures information in our matter management system is accurate and current.
- Makes reports, presentations, publishes information and participates in other activities to educate Company employees.
- Keeps informed of developments in the law, new and proposed statutes and regulations, and other matters of legal interest to the Company.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in paralegal studies from ABA-approved school
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, as a corporate paralegal preferred
- Experience supporting litigation and trial practice a plus
- Highly self-motivated professional
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, time management, and attention to detail
- Advanced legal research and writing skills
- Computer proficiency
- Functional and project support
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact and collaborate with various organizations
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.