Requisition Number: 49027
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The successful candidate will be a part of Corning Holding GmbH supporting the EMEA Law Department with offices in Germany, France and UK. The position is based in Berlin, Germany. The candidate will support mainly Corning’s Telecommunication Division and Corning’s global procurement organization. The role brings a variety of interesting tasks, international cooperation and dynamic interaction with other departments.
Legal Counsel (m/f/d)
- Provide legal support to Corning’s Telecommunications Division in EMEA;
- Provide legal support to Corning’s procurement organization;
- Draft, negotiate, interpret and enforce a variety of commercial contracts, including supply, distributorship and purchase agreements. Experience in IT/ software license agreements desired but not a must;
- Responsible for interaction with internal clients and external parties on various legal matters;
- Provide legal trainings to other departments and assist with the implementation and monitoring of Corning’s corporate policies including Corning’s compliance programs;
- Actively collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Finance and Human Resources to coordinate programs and initiatives of the business;
- Zweites Juristisches Staatsexamen or law degree from another EU country;
- 2 -5 years of professional experience gained in private practice or in-house;
- German and English fluent, Polish, French or other additional language skills also welcome;
- Strong commercial drafting skills and the ability to identify commercial and legal issues are a must;
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and adapt as necessary in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail;
- Demonstrated ability to work on collaborative teams;
- A passion to work in an international environment;
This position is based in Berlin.
The desired start date is October 1st, 2021 or earlier.
If you are interested in this excellent career opportunity, submit your application (including your salary expectation) through our online portal.
Contact person: Dominika Floryanska (FloryansD@corning.com).