Join the diverse and dynamic team that powers Michigan’s largest energy provider and one of the nation’s largest gas and electric combination utilities. Consumers Energy services 6.7 million of Michigan’s 10 million residents – caring for our friends and neighbors in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties. We embrace a cleaner and leaner utility vision focused on eliminating energy waste and adding renewable energy from sources such as wind and solar.
At Consumers Energy, we offer more than just a place to work. We foster a culture that supports career development, growth, and stability, and we take pride in offering our co-workers excellent benefits and compensation packages. We are deliberately creating an inclusive culture that makes our diverse team of co-workers feel valued, supported, and empowered every day. We’re a company made up of thousands of people, all with different stories to share and work to do, but we stand united in our company purpose: world class performance delivering hometown service.
The Associate Training Program Manager will be responsible for the oversight of specific training programs to help support LD&T, business partners, and the companies strategy. This role will be critical to building relationships across departments with both management and union coworkers. This role will collect information and benchmark other utilities to ensure we are performing best in class in relation to their project assignments.
- Manage all aspects of training and education in relation to program assigned – coordinating with facilities, gathering data from cross functional teams, staying on time and aligning to the Talent Roadmap Skillsets at scale
- Work with Union partners as needed as pertaining to assigned projects
- Partner with Management to ensure project meets their goals, strategies and objectives including roadmap plan
- Partner with OM&C for training program project
- Manage activities in the development of all training deliverables, including participant manuals, facilitator guides, slide decks, e-learning modules, and job aids/tools, selecting the most effective training methodology to meet the desired objectives including technology for training solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience working with a learning management system
- Prior experience working with cloud-based software programs
- Ability to learn new technology
- Attentive to details
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Ability to document notes, action items, and adhere to deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Self-Starter and Proactive Learner