Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
Contributes to the overall strategic test vision of the Core Voice Test organization to analyze test requirements, provide test solutions, and support deployment into production as needed for assigned projects. Provides test support pertaining to network issues as identified by operations or other support organizations for supported platforms or software. Regarded as the subject matter expert for specific features and/or equipment types for the core voice network. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions. Undertakes multiple highly complex Core Voice Test projects and may require coordination across multiple business units. This position will specifically be focused on the quality assurance testing of Core Voice platforms involved in the direct service of internal, partner, and customer hardware and applications. Understands that projects have defined timelines and missed dates impact performance.
The Main Responsibilities
- Leads the test and implementation of new and innovative principles, processes and applications.
- Position requires extensive knowledge in deploying revenue generating Core Voice technologies including customer focused solutions in large scale networks to include a background in VOIP protocols and networking, security, virtualization and open source technologies.
- Strong understanding of server operating systems and requirements
- Operate, configure, and maintain Voice Test platforms.
- Analyze Product, Architecture and Engineering inputs to develop technical requirements to support design and development efforts.
- Develop test plans to satisfy technical requirements that address management, scalability, performance and redundancy.
- Define, document and communicate test and certification results representative of the production network.
- Provide peer review on Architecture and Engineering designs developed to support projects not directly assigned to ensure alignment with overall Core Voice direction
- Engage in the forward-looking planning and decision-making process to ensure the Core Voice product is in a continuous improvement cycle to support the business strategy.
- Identifies and develops functional test requirements and analyzes test results. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Writes method of procedure documents and templates for internal and external execution.
- Provides technical support for standard activation, deployment, and maintenance activities and issues.
- Will often require working with external groups, such as Product or Operations to solidify requirements and impacts.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Experience: 7+ yrs. working with VoIP Networks or Voice Test and Design
- Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Field of Study: Engineering or related field
- A combination of education and experience is acceptable: Yes
- Attention to detail with good organizational capabilities.
- Ability to prioritize with good time management skills.
An experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; Competent in resolving issues in primary area of expertise. A sound understanding of telecommunications and data networking principles. Strong written and verbal communication skills. Highly professional and self-motivated with the ability to work well independently and on a team. Good troubleshooting skills and methodologies. Experienced in analyzing issues, distilling and communicating their relevant aspects. Ability to work multiple efforts and projects in parallel. Emerging leadership and mentoring skills. Ability to proactively identify risks/issues and develop recommendations for resolution. Ability to work nights, weekends, and other shifts as required providing support for network activities.
- Proficient working knowledge of the following VoIP/Voice hardware platforms: Ribbon, MetaSwitch, Tekelec, DMS, Broadsoft, Genband.
- A strong understanding of SIP, RTP, SS7, ISDN, CAS, TCP/IP and Session Border Controllers
- A strong understanding of complex voice routing schemas, preferably using Ribbon hardware/software.
- A good understanding of VoIP monitoring platforms such as Empirix or Netscout
- A good understanding of automation scripting
Requisition #: 247185
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.